Lite Outdoors lack of spark arrestor.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
I would think the 2 3/8 Ti Goat would work perfectly. Probably could get away with using the "bottom" spark arrestor up top(?)

Lil-Rokslider
Does anyone have any pictures of a baffle? My son just gave me a Seek Outside XXL Stainless steel stove for Christmas. I want be backpacking with the stove so I wanted the longer burn time. It will be used in my Luna 6.

Just get a thin guage piece of ss or titanium metal, bend at a 90* angle 1" x 5" x 5" and rivet it to the back of the stove covering the pipe hole about 3" from that opening. It keeps the flames and sparks from easily escaping straight up. It forces them to do a dance around that baffle (plate)
Does this make sense?
Sorry I don't have a pic

Just remember the stove pipe is a vacuum cleaner sucking everything out of the stove box. Youre just building a barrier wall (baffle) to keep things (sparks, heat) from escaping unobstructed thru the vacuum pipe into the outside

Lil-Rokslider
3800, thanks and I understand what your saying. I may give it a try.

oldgoat

WKR
Does anyone have any pictures of a baffle? My son just gave me a Seek Outside XXL Stainless steel stove for Christmas. I want be backpacking with the stove so I wanted the longer burn time. It will be used in my Luna 6.

There is a video on the lite outdoors webpage that shows it

I have the lite outdoors and the baffle, no need for spark arrester, I do have a 9 ft pipe but have never seen a spark come out

^^^ This, and it is probably some what more efficient. As much as a small stove can be any way

oldgoat

WKR
I have the lite outdoors and the baffle, no need for spark arrester, I do have a 9 ft pipe but have never seen a spark come out

I totally believe you, but I'm still not chancing it! The wood we were using this last season was popping embers with such force that I could see the walls react when an ember hit them. Sounded like I was throwing a hand full of 22 shorts in with each log. Curious how long of burn you were able to achieve with the baffle and damper on that Stove???

I have not timed it but more than 2 hours for sure. The trick is the diameter of the wood or square. Ounce I get a good bed of red hot coals I go to the bigger Rounds. I believe it went cold but still had enough embers to fire right back up after 3 or more hours.

I can say it is tricky to get things set right, after its working well it seems like I can load it up good with big diameter stuff and then shut it down almost all the way and it pumps along good there. We pack the mules in this year for 6 days and it was so nice having the stove element. Love it.

Has any body done that successfully. The listed dimensions are slightly off the lite outdoor pipe listed dimensions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late reply but yes I am using the smaller arrestor in my lite outdoors pipe. I bought both sizes just to test and I can put the smaller one anywhere in the pipe and could force the larger one on the top if I really wanted to but it leaves some twist in the pipe.

Last edited:
Awesome- just ordered mine. I have the baffle, but have wanted this as well.
Thx for the heads up !!