Cimmaron,Redcliffe or kifaru sawtooth

In case anyone's wondering about condensation without the liners, I set mine up a week or so ago, had a fire going in the stove, it got down right hot in the tent. Went to sleep woke up with a nice coating of frost inside the tent, fired up the stove and it dried out everything but the lowest foot of the tent. Now I realize that there is alot more moisture in the air here in PA than out west but Im going to get the liners, if there was frost with just me in the tent, Id imagine you stick 4 people in there and the condensation is going to be bad, I would think if the tents not below freezing and someone hits the tent wall, it would "rain" inside the tent.

Did you run the perimeter tight to the ground or leave it vented for airflow?

I've got a half-liner and am thinking about adding another half.

It was as tight to the ground as it could possibly bet.

I raised the center of the two short sides about five inches and there was a noticeable reduction in condensation in the morning. Still some, but it was more like you'd only notice it if you brushed the back of your hand across it, whereas with it tight to the ground it was more like a heavy dew. (Not quite that heavy, but definitely noticeable without even touching the wall.)

Johnboy

WKR
I'm leaning toward the Redcliff for my 2-man backcountry hunting. I'm also wondering about condensation issues without the liners. Is the solution always as simple as leaving a gap around the perimeter of the floor?

For reference, I have a TiGoat Vertex-8 I used in Alaska last September. We staked it tight to the ground, and I'm pretty sure without the liner we would've been soaked by condensation in snowy conditions, especially once heat from the stove dwindled.

I slept in the redliffe with my 2 grand kids and we had the stove going til midnight or so. It was 30 degrees or so here in Utah. very little condensation at all. I had the tent staked tight.