Supertarp stove Options?

rbljack

WKR
Been looking at a lightweight stove that I can run with the supertarp, but then there is that trade off between size, weight and burn time. I like the idea of cooking on it, but in a supertarp, im curious to know what stoves yall run for that.

Is there enough clearance to cook on it with the supertarp? I have a sawtooth that I have for two person backcountry hunts, so the supertarp is more of my lightweight all in one solo shelter.

I like the TI goat wifi series because it seems to be a quick set up, lightweight, and still can cook on it. I also hear lots of people say to get the large stove because it can hold bigger wood, and will burn a little bit longer.

My question is : will a TI goat WIFI large even work with a supertarp? Its 1 pound 14 ounces without the stove pipe, so that seems pretty light for its size, but I think it might be physically too big for the supertarp. It would work great in the sawtooth though...so that's why Im trying to something that would work well for both shelters. I watched the Kifaru cylinder stove set up, and I really don't care for tying together all the wires during assembly.

An alternate option might be one of th TI goat cylinders too. Lets hear what yall run in the supertarps! Thanks.

OP
R

rbljack

WKR
Long post above summarized, anybody run the large TI Goat wifi in a supertarp or is it simply too big? Medium is my back up choice. Just trying to avoid getting something that constantly needs to be fed by smaller sticks.

Looking for inputs plz. I currently have a Kifaru Medium box stove, but looking for a lightweight option for solo carry with the supertarp.

OP
R

rbljack

WKR
Looking for assistance on this, so I'm brining this one back to the top so I can get my upgrade completed before this years hunt. I have decided to avoid the cylinder stove option at this point...so I just need to know what size TI goat wifi will fit in a supertarp, and have clearance to heat a pot of water, or some simple cooking.

Again, I have the kifaru box stove in medium, which I believe uses a 3" pipe.

First question, would a large WIFI fit in a supertarp and have room for cooking?
Second question: will the medium WIFI fit ? If I get the Medium TI goat wifi, it would work in both my shelters, and have the same pipe diameter.
I can by it with the shorter 5' pipe, and use my current pipe for my sawtooth.

If medium is to big, I can go with the small for the supertarp, but it uses a smaller pipe, so I couldn't use my kifaru pipe (which I think is 3"),

This stove upgrade continues to have me on the fence.....LOL.

Hunter Sargent

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have experience with the Ti Goat stoves, but have used a small Kifaru box stove and a Lite Outdoors Cylinder stove. Give me a cylinder stove any day! The Smith cylinder stove looks to be a little lighter than the Lite Outdoors, but I don't think you can cook on it. the 12" L.O. model would be under 2 lbs and I've boiled water on mine 18" model. Nice little stove.

OP
R

rbljack

WKR
thanks for the input sargent.

The other thing about the supertarp is the pipe needs to be on an angle. I really am hoping to run the wifi, but due to the lack of responses, Im starting to wonder if the pipe can be placed at an angle like that on the Wifi stove. Anybody else running a wifi in a supertarp? Because the small and medium are the same height, I keep coming back to the medium at this point.. But I need to find out if the stove pipe will/mount on the angled needed for the supertarp.

Last edited: