Mega tarp no more

92xj

WKR
Mega tarp no more?

Don't see it on the kifaru site anymore. Is it discontinued?

Last edited:

ianpadron

WKR
Don't see it on the kifaru site anymore. Is it discontinued?
Tragedy. I traded for 1 a couple months ago and liquidated it to fund some other things....no I'm S.O.L.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
Absolutely not. My post was just asking a question since I couldn't find it on the website anymore.

Trr15

WKR
I'll use this opportunity to mention that I have an original model megatarp and annex that I'd be willing to part with. Feel free to pm me if interested.

lkwoolsey

WKR
That would be a bummer! Just got mine in the mail a week and a half ago, thing works awesome! Took it out last weekend in snow and rain, and it was great.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Beastmode

WKR
I highly doubt it is discontinued. Probably just a glitch on the website. It is a very popular piece in their lineup.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

AdamW

WKR
Kifaru has their "system" for sure it seems, but dang I'd hate to see the mega go away. I was blown away to see the Tahr, etc. back lineup was nixed after 1 year.

RyanC

WKR
Guys I talked with Kifaru at the Western Hunt & Conservation Expo last weekend and the Megatarp is NO MORE......I was bummed to say the least. They said that since the Tut came out they haven't sold any Megatarps so they decided to cut it out of the inventory.

I was going to get one for my upcoming sheep hunt but have to figure something else out.

Ryan

OP
92xj

92xj

WKR
That sucks. I must have bought the last one as right after I purchased and before it was shipped I looked on the site and noticed it wasn't there and made this thread. Glad I bought when I did.

Guys I talked with Kifaru at the Western Hunt & Conservation Expo last weekend and the Megatarp is NO MORE......I was bummed to say the least. They said that since the Tut came out they haven't sold any Megatarps so they decided to cut it out of the inventory.

I was going to get one for my upcoming sheep hunt but have to figure something else out.

Ryan

This has become an alarming theme. It's only natural that new products will have a purchase spike while old designs may go through a lull, but they have started getting rid of proven designs that have been popular and sold for longer then I've even known about them.

Strange, because I don't even put the mega and tut in the same vein of shelters, their both floorless, but that where it ends for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a tut but I don't really compare it to a tarp for a shelter. I have more nights in a tarp than in the tut and can definitely see the advantages of the tarp over the tut for many types of hunts and excursions.

First thing I can think of when I saw that they are selling a ton of tuts and no tarps is that it is probably easier to sell the wife on a tut than a tarp especially at those price points. "Look honey we can use it for camping with the kids!"...

gabenzeke

WKR
I asked about this and got the impression they were evaluating what to do next. Not sure if that means redesign or eliminating it all together.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ianpadron

WKR
I asked about this and got the impression they were evaluating what to do next. Not sure if that means redesign or eliminating it all together.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I sure hope they bring it back. Haven't used a Tut but I don't think the two are comparable at all based on the specs. Fingers crossed!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk