New sleeping bag option for side sleepers?

coachjdub

Lil-Rokslider
I just got the Nemo Salsa 15º*bag. For $223. 2lbs. 8ozs. 650 Fill down. Received it today, tried it out and it seems very spacious, even in the side sleeping position. Can't wait to try it out in Idaho this year.

Access Denied

Nemo makes awesome stuff, you cant go wrong, i have multiple Nemo products, all have done well. They even make military grade equipment Nemo Shield. Also recently they have come out with hunter specific tents to compete with the likes of Seek Outside, havent seen them in person so i cant speak for them. But their bags, pads, tents and pillows are great, oh and the shower.. i love that thing!!!

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
Im a fan of all the Nemo stuff I own, and I just picked up the Nemo Argali 15 for a great price. Its a great bag, exactly what I was looking for! Highly recommend! I just need temps to drop a little so I can test it out.

Dobermann

WKR
I find pad sleeves in bags to be great for side sleeping - no more falling off the pad, and when I flip from one side to the other, I always end up fairly well centred on the pad too. As an unintended bonus, this can really help in smaller tents, where you might be close to a wall, but don't want to rub against it in case of condensation.

Marshmstr

Lil-Rokslider
FYI, I’ve got the 15 degree Backcountry Bed and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rodney482

WKR
Browning Kenai super wide 10 degree
Weighs 5#
$99
Bit heavy but its a great bag for a side sleeper.

Someone finally did a review of the Nemo Argali: This Sleep System from Nemo Equipment Is Absurdly Comfortable: Argali Bag + Tensor Insulated Pad Review - Singletracks Mountain Bike News

I picked up the Argali and the Tensor Field pad last year and used it on a few Boy Scout campouts. Unfortunately, injuries kept me out of the elk woods this year so I did not really get to put it through its paces.

My initial impressions were that the bag is very well made, super comfortable with a good pad, and reasonably warm. There is a trade-off between having lots of room to move around vs having more bag to heat. I like to sleep in a light pair of long johns & socks and got slightly chilled on the cooler nights. I put on a fleece vest and was then fine. I'm skinny and bald, so I sleep pretty cold. A pleasant surprise was that the lack of a hood did not bother me. I wore a beanie and was fine.

I think the Tensor Field is a very nice pad, however it is not quite as light as their website claims. It is a 3" pad which most find very plush. With multiple hip and shoulder surgeries, I do a little better on a 4" pad such as my Big Agnes Insulated Q Core, which also works great with the Argali.

I would recommend this bag with the caveat that you do not skimp on the pad. You want a good R value.

dmoto

Lil-Rokslider
I am a side sleeper as well. Originally, I was using a Sierra Designs Sandman 15*. Great bag for side sleepers, but discontinued. Now I use a Kelty Cosmic Down 0*. Works great as well.

InDeep

WKR
I use a WM mega light and love it . I'm 215-220 6' and a stomach and side sleeper. And II can do cartwheels in my sleep in it .

efnm

WKR
Has anyone found a good bag like this with a 25" pad sleeve?