Buy Once Cry Once Shelter... Backyard Photos.

tttoadman

WKR
It isn't all about the weight with this material. Let me qualify that I have no interest in ever owning any??
1. It sheds water because it is much more hydrophobic by nature than sylnylon. You get up and shake it and it is basically dry. It will also resist blowing snow sticking to it and sagging on you.

2. It won't stretch and require re-tensioning all the time.

3. You now look cool enough to hang out with the people on Backpacking Light.

I went to the Mountain Shop to scope out the BT2 before we bought the Cimmaron. They were really trying to convince us we needed that HMG 4. They are really well built.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
3lb 10 oz. rifle Luke??? What are the specs on that one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Don't worry thats without a scope...with a scope it should be around 4.5ish pounds, but for summer carry with just a red dot it should be just under 4 pounds....which is less than a S&W X frame revovler but I'll shoot it much better than I do pistols.

No more derailing SHTF's thread.....plus if I keep coming back here its gonna cost me $900 ;)

Don't tempt me again SHTF!!! I must resist!

colonel00

WKR
I don't know if I can justify dropping the cash on a new one but apparently nobody else has thought this through far enough to know that this will surely be up for sale in the next week to maybe a month. Therefore, I'm calling first in line! :D

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I don't know if I can justify dropping the cash on a new one but apparently nobody else has thought this through far enough to know that this will surely be up for sale in the next week to maybe a month. Therefore, I'm calling first in line! :D

Funny actually I haven't sold a thing in over a year maybe a few odds and ends... hate to disappoint 950$ and it's yours!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Don't worry thats without a scope...with a scope it should be around 4.5ish pounds, but for summer carry with just a red dot it should be just under 4 pounds....which is less than a S&W X frame revovler but I'll shoot it much better than I do pistols.

No more derailing SHTF's thread.....plus if I keep coming back here its gonna cost me $900 ;)

Yeah you have that new baby. Mine are all grown now

Ramcam

Lil-Rokslider
Wow that is a good weight saving with the HMG.I do like the sod skirt arrangement on the cimmaron for spindrift ect.Wonder if that could be special ordered on the HMG

Wait until Nov. Luke, then you can take advantage of their 20% discount, that's what I did.:)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Does HMG provide the guy lines and tensioners or are they like every other manufacturer and drop the ball when it comes to that detail?

Does HMG provide the guy lines and tensioners or are they like every other manufacturer and drop the ball when it comes to that detail?
They provide everything but stakes. And actually they provided about 50' extra guy lines that what is required. From the web site:

Made in America
Fully seam sealed
Constructed out of DCF8 Dyneema® Composite Fabrics (formerly Cuben Fiber)
Waterproof two-way zipper
Ships in an X-Large DCF8 Stuff Sack for storage
8 reinforced perimeter tie-outs
Line locks on all perimeter tie-outs
4 center panel tie-outs
Specially designed cone to prevent deformation when using oddly shaped poles, paddles, sticks or skis.
Dual peak vents that can open and close
Vents covered with no-see-um netting
Tie out on cone for hanging the mid from a tree
Larger than traditional mids
Equipped with eight 3’ UHMWPE Core Guy Lines for perimeter tie-outs
Includes additional 100’ of UHMWPE Core Guy Lines for center panel tie-outs
Can be pitched high off the ground or tight to the ground
Use for four-season Backpacking, Alpine climbing, Ski touring, Packrafting, and more

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Nice!! I may look at them in Nov. I will muddle through this year between a sawtooth and a Cimmaron ;)

Right now I am in the process of selling my light stuff because it is just getting to tight to crawl in and out of. To stay in the game I may take a look at this shelter.Thanks SHTF

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Right now I am in the process of selling my light stuff because it is just getting to tight to crawl in and out of. To stay in the game I may take a look at this shelter.Thanks SHTF

That was my motivation also, don't care how light it is, if I can't get comfortable it's not nearly as worth it. That's where this shelter shines, weight to room ratio is awesome with the Ultamid 4.

1signguy

WKR
Along those same lines I just bought a Yama Cirriform two person- you can't beat cuben- mostly for when I want a floor.
Purchased a Hammock Gear cuben palace tarp several years ago and it has been nothing short of awesome!
Love your new purchase! Congrats!!!

2 down, 2 to go SHTF!
What size carbon pole supports it and I assume you use the same one with the SO cimarron?

MtnMuley

WKR
I was very close to pulling the trigger last year on a HMG tent, but in the end couldn't justify it already having a Cimarron, UL2 platinum, and several others. However, this thread is sparking the interest again.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
2 down, 2 to go SHTF!
What size carbon pole supports it and I assume you use the same one with the SO cimarron?

I went with this Ruta Locura Tent Poles

7 ounces can't beat it on weight. 120 is what I paid I believe email josh he will get you setup.
Same size as cimmeron pole but lighter