Buy Once Cry Once Shelter... Backyard Photos.

colonel00

WKR
^^^That's mighty pretty :D

Interested to see how the seams hold up though.

I like the use of the trekking poles along the side like that. What's the usable interior height?

Thank you! It's actually a lot more red than pink. For some reason the photos make it look more like pink.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got my HMG in the post,set it up. Boy,is this a nice rig.!
This and the Zpack shelter I just picked up and this ole' boy and his back are still in the game!:cool:

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I just got my HMG in the post,set it up. Boy,is this a nice rig.!
This and the Zpack shelter I just picked up and this ole' boy and his back are still in the game!:cool:

Congrats BB

ya man!
now i'm gonna weigh my ku packs and see what they are.
Anybody ever carried a spare piece of tube aluminum to splice their walking sticks together? Take the 2 tips out and put the section in to connect the 2 handles)

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
ya man!
Anybody ever carried a spare piece of tube aluminum to splice their walking sticks together? Take the 2 tips out and put the section in to connect the 2 handles)

Want to see Photos.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
ya man!

You mean like this?

RokSlide_Trekking Poles on Vimeo

No need to haul an extra piece of aluminum just drop one of he tops out of one of the trekking poles and jam the tip into that hole....don't go there I realize how that sounds ;)

luke moffat

Super Moderator
you know luke, i tried that but the tip came off. i'll take another look at it , thanks

Bummer it snap he tip off? I have a couple hundred nights using that setup and haven't had that problem get but maybe I am lucky.

yeah,it just kind of pulled off the leki tip, i'll give it another look,i got the rubber straps just because they were shipping the tarp and i figured what the heck.

bounds

WKR
Greg do you have any idea what the process is for those bonded seams? I hadn't seen that before and that's really interesting. Looks like it doesn't really change weight, but you said they're supposed to be stronger than sewn seams?

Not really. I had asked the owner, via email, this same question and he wasn't able to really explain it to me any more than what his website states. I think it's basically a translation issue beings he's Japanese. My understanding is that he went to a course or was trained by the manufacturers of Dyneema (cuben fiber), in the process of bonding the material, making it virtually seamless. This is the same process used for the sails on the racing sailboats. I guess when CF is stitched (regardless of how well it's done), it creates a weaker place in the fabric, and this bonding technique is supposed to significantly reduce those weaker places. It may be overkill, I don't know, but I went ahead and payed the extra $ for the bonding and I guess, time will tell. My point about overkill is because I've been using CF mids, from several different manufactures now for the last three or four years and I haven't had any issues with anything failing on any of them. Sewn seams failing on sailboat sails might be a bigger issue than them failing on shelters.