0 degree Mummy Sleeping bag suggestions

If it's not a backpack hunt go synthetic for the cost savings. Become an REI member and get 20% of one full priced item and garage item. Watch steepandcheap.com check out sierratradingpost.com and theclymb.com. You can find what you are looking for under $250.

I bought a 0 degree Marmot Never Summer last year for 280. It is hydrophobic down and light but doesn't pack as well as a 800+ down bag will.

The downside of synthetic is bulk and weight but in all reality an extra lb and 5 liters of pack space may not mean much to you.

Buy the best you can afford but if your only really going to use it on this hunt and don't have to backpack it everywhere than an inexpensive synthetic will probably be just fine.

KurtR

WKR
I ordered one of these yesterday...Anxious to see how she works. It is early enough that if I don't like it, I can return and find something else to try.

How has the bag worked out i am looking at them hard seems like good quality and a good price point

KurtR

WKR
Well i got to put the outdoor vitals 0 degree bag to the test this year in idaho. I was warm as could be woke up one morning and it was 12 out side and i was good in my bag. Used the klymt static v lux as my pad. Both me and the guy i was hunting with had the same set up and were impressed with the bags. I worse my first lite base layer bottoms and sitka light weight top. Worst part was opening the bag to get the stove going haha. The nights it was in the 20's we had the bags unzipped to not over heat. You just have to watch the zipper so the material does not get caught on it