SO Titanium Stove

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
My stove body dimpled where the stove pipe went in

So did mine. I think if you tighten the bars a hair too much, its prone to happen due to the cut out in the body where the pipe is inserted. Have seen a bunch of pictures of others stoves and many had the same dimple.

GKPrice

Banned
It's been my experience with light weight tent stoves that prior to attempting any dampening or fire control maneuvers you need to get the stove up and burning - Typically I've been breaking a sweat as I'm getting the fire under control - the smaller the stove and more this is true IME - it sometimes helps to shove a small wad of newspaper up into the pipe to heat it at the same speed to get the thermal flow going

OP
mfllood3800
We slept thru the night at near 20-30 degree temps. The stove did well. It doesn't like to go out and then have over sized logs put on it- smokes. But when used right it worked great, had to stoke it every 1-2 hours to keep it toasty. Once the grand kids were asleep I let it die out to test my new Shopko 0* bag. It weighs 3 lbs, and worked unreal. I never got cold after fire went out- best part is this bag was on sale for $40. My pad sucked and I will be spending $$ to get a decent one for sure.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
I have smoke for the first 10 mins intill i get some big red coals in there. Then i throw in some bigger logs to build up your base of red coals. Ill usually start the fire when i get back to camp. Open tent wide open and get things going. After 20 mins ill close tent on and kepp an eye on fire while i cook dinner. I also tilt mine down. Meaning door is lower then the flu. Couple inches but thinking it will help keep the smoke to the back. If the wood is wet even slightly it will smoke more. For me it was all about getting that base of red coals before going to sleep. With baffle id get 4hrs of heat without touching it. Wake up through 2 more logs on and be warm till the alarm. Keep messing with it. Youll get it. The baffle works great and really gets you an extra hr or 2.