Enlightened Equipment Revelation Apex Insulation arrives tomorrow

I just took the plunge on the 20 degree long/wide. This is my first quilt, so it should be interesting. I wanted something I could vent and control comfort in more than my 20 deg slick bag. I hope this is the ticket to be able to sleep in a wider range of temps from the 20's-40'-50's with how I cinch it down or just drape it over the top of me.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I just took the plunge on the 20 degree long/wide. This is my first quilt, so it should be interesting. I wanted something I could vent and control comfort in more than my 20 deg slick bag. I hope this is the ticket to be able to sleep in a wider range of temps from the 20's-40'-50's with how I cinch it down or just drape it over the top of me.

You'll love it looking forward to your thoughts I went to quilts back in 2013 and haven't looked back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
To the top...
Do you guys have any time with these in the woods yet? True to their temp rating? They sure look nice from your pictures.

I have about 3 months in my quilt over the past few years. I haven't gotten to use my apex quilt yet but I'm very confident it will do the job the APEX has more loft then my down quilt.

I slept with my apex quilt twice this weekend. Holy smokes is that thing warm. I was in shorts and a tee shirt and temps in the 50s and I couldn't stay under it. Mine is 20 F rated. Spent all night with it barely draped on me.

BuckSnort

WKR
How long did it take you guys to get your quilt from the time you ordered it? I ordered a Revelation Apex on the 25th, never used a quilt so I'm looking forward to trying it out... ordered the Long/wide.. I'm 5'9" 215 lbs, hoping it's still got enough room to move around in?

Ronb

WKR
3 weeks for my wife's apex

Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
My down quilts took 4 weeks, and that was when the lead time was listed as 2-4 weeks.

R_burg

WKR
I just called them today, they said 2-4 weeks, just like the site says.

I am heavily leaning towards picking up a 40 degree long wide. Should be great for the summers here in AZ and then I can team it with my normal 3 season bag to get my down into 0 degree weather or so, hence why I am leaning towards a wide. The versatility of these things looks great!

Lastcar

Lil-Rokslider
Apex Revelation 20* ordered April 24th, at the post office to be shipped May 17th arrived in WA state May 19th.

Just over three weeks to ship and twenty-five or so days to delivery. Of course, this was based on demand at the time. Maybe less or more now.

Quilt arrived today and Im absolutely floored how nice this Quilt is. EE makes a fantastic product but this really floated my boat. Ive been hanging onto a Kifaru Center zip for a while now and can tell you I don't feel any need now with this new Apex quilt. The material for the outside is much stouter then my down EE quilt from 2013. It is very lofty and almost airtight within the Quilt. Really hard to describe but I feel like Ive found Quilt nirvana with this thing. I can tell is going to be a heck of a lot lower temp rating then the 20 degree rating.

My EE down quilt has 3 ounces of overstuff (on the left) and this Apex Quilt (right) has it beat on loft. Took some pictures. I got mine with the optional weather strip Camo exterior orange interior incase I ever need an emergency marker out in the field.

Side by side

Here there are in their stuff sacks. The bigger one is the Apex obviously.

Weight we are talking 25 ounces for the Down 38 ounces for the Apex Both are Long Wide. Both 20 degree but the down has 3 ounces of overstuff.

13 ounce difference. That is not bad at all.

The new Sack they ship the quilt in has your care instructions printed on it in big bold letters.

Can safely say with the difference in weight the insurance of a quilt that will keep me warm even when wet is completely worth the 13 ounce penalty.

If your on the fence Id say go for it. can't beat the price 235$ shipped for the 20 degree Long wide. That is hard to beat.
What are the weather strips? Any more feedback since last year?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
What are the weather strips? Any more feedback since last year?

Tradlife, The quilt does its job. Its my go to Quilt now and haven't even used my down quilt much. I still hang on to it though as a backup. Here this will help you learn about the weather stripping and its function.

Weather Resistant Stripes – Enlightened Equipment

It is just a layer of 20d instead of 10d that adds more weather resistance to the bag in the places you need it.

Id highly recommend the Apex its a no brainer for wet weather. The loft on these things are incredible. Ive slept down to freezing in mine and been warm with just Merino base layers. But I am a warm sleeper. Hope that helps.

RdRdrFan

WKR
Just ordered one. Been thinking of trying a quilt for a while. This particular quilt seems like the ticket for what I’m needing for this years hunts.

Trial153

WKR
I just ordred one. Reg/wide 20 degree. My kit been lacking a good light weight synthetic for weather. While price wasnt a real consideration I really didnt see anything out there compatible to this for weight even at higher cost.

I got a 40 degree Apex they had in the warehouse. I needed another summer option. It seems pretty slick! I really like having a blanket when I'm being a couch bum so I doubt this will ever be in storage. I'm a Kifaru fan boy but the Woobie was 2lb. But this is 19oz. I would have gone down but couldn't see spending the $50 to save 3oz. Can't wait till next weekend to test it.

Are there any videos on how to use the straps?