Backpacking Pillow

Loco4dux

WKR
I don't like the inflatable ones...

I want one that is more like a real pillow that can be compressed down.

Suggestions???

I use a large HMG cuben fiber stuff pillow. Turn it inside out and it's a waterproof (although probably just very water resistant), zippered stuff sack, turn it right side in and it's cuben fiber on one side fleece on the other. Dual purpose pillow that works great and you can stuff it full of whatever, to your desired firmness. It weighs 1.5 oz. I usually stuff it with either my puffy pants or jacket.
af3846e08dcc0ad74f190c86eab73179.jpg

c6da5d955924e9abfb1449ca8c26427a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
I have used the thermarest compressible ones (7oz+) which are quite comfortable, but not worth their weight in my personal opinion. Last year I used a reversible stuff sack pillow by thermarest as well (the small is 1.73 oz on my scale) stuffed with some clothes or puffy jacket. It was pretty decent, and soft against the skin. The small size is quite a bit smaller than the cuben pillow in the picture above though.

This year I'm gonna give these inflatable ones a shot FlexAir(R) Inflatable Pillows | Litesmith. The large is 0.85 oz on my scale.

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I've had a generic one from REI that folded down pretty well but over time it just wasn't worth the amount of space it took up in the bag.

What don't you like about the inflatable ones?

I've really had good luck with my Cocoon Air Core Synthetic travel Pillow. You can pretty much make it however soft or hard you'd like. It's got a microfiber shell on one side and a slick shell on the other. When It's hot, I put the slick side (cool side up) and the microfiber side down and it stays put on the pad. If it's cold I tuck it into the hood of my sleeping bag and it stays put just fine. Under 4oz, 13x17". Here's a video about it and my pad Backcountry Hunting Sleep System - Big Agnes Q-core SL Sleeping Pad Review Part 1 - YouTube

verysimple

Lil-Rokslider
Nemo is very good.. sea to summit Aeros is what I use.. excellent and light

Mi_fiveo

WKR
Sea to summit aeros premium. Best inflatable pillow I have tried and compacts to the size of a baseball.

I have thought of buying a memory foam pillow and cutting it into a small camping pillow. Should be able to compress it well in a small sack.

As far as a normal pillow for a camp pillow you will be carrying a lot of bulk in that pillow if you want it to puff up and offer support. The inflatable ones are the only way to really get support in a small pack size. The idea of stuffing a sack with extra clothing means you have to have extra clothing.

I use thermarest compressible large pillow ( I need the good pillow) It weighs .8 oz I stuff it in with my sleeping bag and compress it in the sack and it adds very little space. At half pound it is a bit heavier but worth the comfort to me. Thermarest does offer smaller sizes as well.

WoodBow

WKR
I wanted an aeros premium but did not want to pay for it. I found chinese knockoffs of the regular aeros on ebay for $10 shipped. It is a great quality product. I guarantee it comes from the same factory as sea to summit. They are identical. Even the tag is the same and says aeros. It just has a lot a chinese writing on it too.

I wanted an aeros premium but did not want to pay for it. I found chinese knockoffs of the regular aeros on ebay for $10 shipped. It is a great quality product. I guarantee it comes from the same factory as sea to summit. They are identical. Even the tag is the same and says aeros. It just has a lot a chinese writing on it too.

I bought one of these. Liked it a lot but it only lasted one trip. Next trip out blew it up and it leaked bad. Like the bladder inside cracked or something.

rino

FNG
Maybe im a glutton for punishment... I either use my pack or sometimes a silnylon zipper bag that i keep clothes in.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk