Kuiu summit refuge

dog812

WKR
Anyone funding the summit refuge? Looks like a design that had been done a few times before... but I really like the stove Jack they are doing..... Buy already if you buy all the pieces it's over $500.... Without the stove Jack piece. What if they charge $300 for the stove Jack piece, it's not like your not going to buy it.... Ha ha genius!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

JDZ

WKR
I participated in development stage and thought I'd probably buy/fund at the time. After seeing price, and considering other options, I changed my mind. Maybe if I had seen it soon enough to be one of the first 15 or 30, maybe I'd have tried it.

Wish I would have seen the notice for the new Kuiu down parka sooner. Really want that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Anyone funding the summit refuge? Looks like a design that had been done a few times before... but I really like the stove Jack they are doing..... Buy already if you buy all the pieces it's over $500.... Without the stove Jack piece. What if they charge $300 for the stove Jack piece, it's not like your not going to buy it.... Ha ha genius!

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Yeah couldn't believe they basically wanted a 6 month interest free loan while we fund production, and you MIGHT get it by September? Please. That has to be a joke. Except it isn't......I like that they are trying to push designs and keep expanding what they do, but I scratched my head over this project. Too bad.

Stwrt9

WKR
i'm very optimistic about this project. I really like the design concept and have never used a floorless setup so the refuge will let me dabble while having the versatility to use the tent body as well if i want to. Although i did not get an email notification i knew the tent was funding soon at some point and just happened to log in when i got to work. To my surprise i was the second person to fund the tent and got the fly and tent body at the lowest rate which i feel price wise was hard to beat for what you get. So all in all i'm optimistic on lots of things especially delivery but if all works out i should be getting a pretty sweet tent that should fit my needs!

ColoradoHunterHiker

Lil-Rokslider
I participated in development stage and thought I'd probably buy/fund at the time. After seeing price, and considering other options, I changed my mind. Maybe if I had seen it soon enough to be one of the first 15 or 30, maybe I'd have tried it.

My thoughts exactly.

FreeRange

WKR
i'm very optimistic about this project. I really like the design concept and have never used a floorless setup so the refuge will let me dabble while having the versatility to use the tent body as well if i want to. Although i did not get an email notification i knew the tent was funding soon at some point and just happened to log in when i got to work. To my surprise i was the second person to fund the tent and got the fly and tent body at the lowest rate which i feel price wise was hard to beat for what you get. So all in all i'm optimistic on lots of things especially delivery but if all works out i should be getting a pretty sweet tent that should fit my needs!

I'm curious how you got to get in at the first funding level? I tried and it said it was for "developers only" until a certain time and by the time that was reached it was already up a couple levels. I wasn't necessarily going to buy it but was thinking at the time I could click through to checkout to see how much the stove jack would be. I agree there are some similar products out there but I liked where they were proposing to put the stove jack. At $165 I'd have bought one.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I'm curious how you got to get in at the first funding level? I tried and it said it was for "developers only" until a certain time and by the time that was reached it was already up a couple levels. I wasn't necessarily going to buy it but was thinking at the time I could click through to checkout to see how much the stove jack would be. I agree there are some similar products out there but I liked where they were proposing to put the stove jack. At $165 I'd have bought one.

If you had a Giru account and went through the developing process (basically voting on features) then they invite you to fund prior to releasing to the public for funding.

Stwrt9

WKR

i was part of the development process.

Bruce Culberson

Lil-Rokslider
Nice looking shelter. Similar weight as the mountain smith LT (with pegs and guy-outs included), but slightly bigger footprint, two doors, and options for a nest...

sneaky

"DADDY"
So, they are basically doing a bigger LT shelter, and taking Ti Goat's removable stove jack and putting it together on everyone else's dime for 6 months? Genius business idea I guess, but that shelter is nothing new.

Stwrt9

WKR
Got a nice surprise on my door step today.... it finally arrived! Cant wait to set this bad boy up. Still waiting on the tent body but i can run it an a floorless in the mean time. Ill try and post up some pics soon!!

jolemons

WKR
Set up in 20 mph sustained wind. Need to play with the pitch in calm weather. Seems sturdy. Would fit two with gear, but would be tight. I like the ventilation. Would like buckles on bottom of zippers to take stress and would like more Velcro on the zipper rain flaps to keep them held down in wind.
bdea55d434afaa8ffd8942cc693a7f53.jpg
6d44f0fbd2e5c0bd227664a013f88e59.jpg
2194f2a445f7e71a50a4f623780f0ff8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
D

dog812

WKR
Have you used a Mega tarp or mountain Smith lt? Looks very similar?

gabenzeke

WKR
Hunting fool did a review on this shelter and now I kind of want one...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Stwrt9

WKR
JFYI the Summit Refuge is now in stock on KUIU's website for anyone interested.