What is earliest season you use a stove??

I see all these post on stoves. I hunt only archery in September and don't really know that I need one. However it would be nice late September on cold nights. So what is the earliest you use one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tsnider

WKR
I broke after getting wet and cold mid September in Colorado. The ability to dry my boots and socks i see a necessary. I'll even take mine when scouting this year in august camping at 12000 feet. The weight for what it offers to me is worth its weight in gold. I hunt Archery only and I will always have it. Waiting all year to hunt for a month to have it ruined by a stray rain and snow storm won't happen again. Of course you can dry off in other ways but not as quickly or easily.

oldgoat

WKR
Last weekend of August Colorado, but I hunt with my wife, but I have to admit I like it too, lot easier to climb out of the bag in the morning.

I don't plan on climbing any Mtn in CO during Sept for archery elk without my stove. Drying out gear during early rainy Sept, staying warm during late Sept freak snow storm, and general morale booster are just a few reasons to always have it with me.

Colberjs

WKR
What type of stove are you guys using on solo hunts?

I'll be hunting 3rd rifle in CO this year and I figure it will be a good investment for my SO BT-2.

Tsnider

WKR
I use the SO medium for my sawtooth. I'll end up getting a smaller shelter for solo stuff next year and a cylinder stove. Being able to use the cook service is a nice option on a box stove.

I carry my stove anytime I'm solo regardless of season. It's a 2# hiking buddy/tent tv. Anytime that nagging voice starts saying it's time to get off the mountain I'll set up the stove and think, "well this is a hell of lot better than hiking out in this ****ing storm."

I carry my stove anytime I'm solo regardless of season. It's a 2# hiking buddy/tent tv. Anytime that nagging voice starts saying it's time to get off the mountain I'll set up the stove and think, "well this is a hell of lot better than hiking out in this ****ing storm."

I really like this.

My solo set up is a bit big but allows me to hunt with a friend as well.
Seek Outside Redliffe Tipi
Lite Outdoors 18" titanium cylinder stove

The stove heats the tipi quick enough, but as with any small stove- they don't burn for a long time and require frequent stoking.
Mine was more for early morning warm up, familiar friend at day 6, and drying ability in wet weather.

Poser

WKR
A stove is wonderful when it's cold and/or wet but it's also a lot of hassle to deal with. You have to put a decent amount of effort into collecting, sawing and drying wood. Not to mention keeping the fire going and getting up early enough to once again get it going and have a tradeoff amount of time to enjoy the warmth that is proportional to the effort involved. I'll definitely take the stove when it's cold, but it's not worth the effort for mild temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim M

Lil-Rokslider
I run a Liteoutdoors 18" with a 4' stovepipe in my megatarp and love it. spent the first 10 days of season last year in rain and snow storms solo and wished that I had it with! even on some of the summer scouting trips it would have been nice since I woke up in 4" of snow last July.