Review: SynMat UL 9, by William Hanson, Rokslide Moderator

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks everyone for the answers to the questions. So the big question is where the hell do you buy the UL 9 without the built in pump? I just want the schnozzle bag option without the built in pump.
I think they changed the design a little and are now calling it the synmat ul winter, but I haven't talked to exped to confirm the new name.

Access Denied

Fishforfun

Lil-Rokslider
I think they changed the design a little and are now calling it the synmat ul winter, but I haven't talked to exped to confirm the new name.

Access Denied

It's tough to tell if this is now the winter or the synmat TT 9. The winter has an R value of 5 now vs the 6 in the review but the synmat TT 9 has the R value of 6. At almost 20 ounces less I'm going with the winter. Your review and info has been very helpful and appreciated. I'm pairing it with an Enlightened Equipment Revelation 10* quilt.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's tough to tell if this is now the winter or the synmat TT 9. The winter has an R value of 5 now vs the 6 in the review but the synmat TT 9 has the R value of 6. At almost 20 ounces less I'm going with the winter. Your review and info has been very helpful and appreciated. I'm pairing it with an Enlightened Equipment Revelation 10* quilt.
That's what I use too and it's fantastic for me. I'll ask exped which is the new ul9 but I'm pretty sure it's the winter. The tt is for expedition type stuff.

Fishforfun

Lil-Rokslider
That's what I use too and it's fantastic for me. I'll ask exped which is the new ul9 but I'm pretty sure it's the winter. The tt is for expedition type stuff.

Based on the weight difference I would agree. The backcountry website shows the winter one is also a 6 R rating. Either way I'm pumped to have this system in my brand new Exo 5500 this year ;).

willidru

WKR
Why can't I find this? Usually a little tool called google search finds everything I need. Did model # or name change? I would like the newest with the added grip and schozzel pump/bag.

willidru

WKR
Nevermind, I guess I should read the thread all of the way through apparently I need to search for Synmat UL Winter

Cdpp880

WKR
Anybody know the best place to buy this mat from? Or anyone have a discount code to someone who sells them? I am gong to get one and thought I would ask first.
Thanks

INgunner54

Lil-Rokslider
Banner comes up as soon as you go to the site. Total $186 for the long wide with the code. Pretty good deal. Thanks William!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Cdpp880

WKR
Promo code didn't work for me said it has expired maybe I'm too late.

Last edited:

Cdpp880

WKR
Just got one on sale and the schnozel bag/pump works perfect. That alone is worth getting an exped.