Post Thanks / Like

Seek Outside LBO w/ 3 Peice Shelter or Cimarron??

If you have either of these shelters I would appreciate your experiences with them and any opinions you have. I plan on using it for either a solo or two person shelter and intend on using a stove. My typical hunt is a 2-5 day trip with the potential of longer trips occasionally. Anyone use the cimarron for a solo shelter? Is it overkill? This will be my first floorless shelter and want any guidance you might have. I would also appreciate any alternative shelters you have found to be comparable. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    LBO +3pv is too small for 2 guys ,gear and stove,if you want to do that go with base+tarp+base or base+tarp+3pv.If most of the time youll be alone go with LBO+3pv.
    CIMARRON will be nice for two with stove and a castle for you alone.

Envoyé de mon E6560C en utilisant Tapatalk
    ''I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself'' D. H. Lawrence

3. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lbo

''I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself'' D. H. Lawrence

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 8 man and I would carry that solo with an XL stove for a spike camp no questions. Honestly an 8 man with no stove is very comparable size and weight wise to a large 2 man double wall tent. My point being that I would go big. The floorless shelters are such a weight savings.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just contemplating this same question (first time going floorless as well) and opted to go with the Cimarron over the LBO (just purchased it yesterday). I would not hesitate to take it solo and will be using it for me and my brother with a stove come September. Sorry, no actual experience with it...yet.

7. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input guys. seldomseensmith, I have been thinking that the weight would not be the issue as they are both remarkably light and packable. Love the pics Reaper, much appreciated. Let me know how it goes Lugi06, any input is appreciated.

9. Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Cimarron and it is plenty big for two and a stove. Solo it is probably overkill but it's light so what the hell.

11. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    After spending months debating about which shelter to get, I picked up a Cimarron a few weeks ago and have no regrets.

Post Thanks / Like
    What pole do you guys use? I see the seek one for the lbo is non adjustable, how do you adjust for more or less space at the bottom for air flow?

14. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by reaper View Post
    LBO +3pv is too small for 2 guys ,gear and stove,if you want to do that go with base+tarp+base or base+tarp+3pv.If most of the time youll be alone go with LBO+3pv.
    CIMARRON will be nice for two with stove and a castle for you alone.

Ditto!

I run LBO with 3pv solo and it's awesome. For 2-3 with a stove I really like base+tarp+3pv. The modularity of the LBO is what won me over.

You can't lose either way.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

16. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dog812 View Post
    What pole do you guys use? I see the seek one for the lbo is non adjustable, how do you adjust for more or less space at the bottom for air flow?
    I use the .600 poles from Rutalocura. I bought of one their .600 adjusters so I could adjust the length.

Ruta Locura Tent Poles

18. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the cimarron adjustable pole

Post Thanks / Like
    I have both and have used both a fair bit. Like others have said, if you want to run a stove definitely go with the Cimarron. LBO is a great 1-2 person shelter with gear, but with a stove it is too small. With 2 guys, gear and a stove the Cimarron is perfect. If you want a one person + stove shelter check out the silvertip.

21. Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post