Western Mountaineering vs. Big Agnes System

C Bow

WKR
I bought a Kuiu bag and it is a great bag kept me very warm but it was not wide enough in the shoulders I am going to spend between 10 and 15 days in the unlimited sheep hunting this year and the next 5 years if not successful I found someone that sold me a Western Mounteering Badger Gore Wind stopper at 20% off I am going to try this year It is a little heaver but last year was a trial with my gear I have made some changes to my needs

boom

WKR
I think that's pretty much the norm. I suppose there could be the rare situation where WM bags can be bought at a discount but I've not seen it. I paid full price for my WM bags (Sequoia GWS and a Terra Lite) and never regretted a nickel of it. I can't speak poorly about BA gear because I've never owned any of it. My in-store eval and reviews I've seen tell me it's not at the quality level I personally want. That is definitely not an insult to those who like BA...just my individual tastes.

I bought my alpenlite on sale. Found a store in Portland OR with a 20% off the entire store. I rolled around the floor in all of their bags and bought the WM. It was roomie and the zipper was awesome and resistant to catching the fabric. And OR is no sales tax!!! I carried that bag back on the airplane. It is a wonderful bag. As I get older, I find myself sleeping colder. I could do a 10 bag now. I think I should go back to Portland. :)

C Bow

WKR
I found a badger Gore at 20 percent off and bought it should be here tomorrow hope it is big enough they shoulders

Tsnider

WKR
I just converted to a quilt, but still have my Big Agnes Encampment 15 and it has served me well for 6 years now. Im keeping, but my new qcore SLX wide doesnt fit in the sleeve. me and sleeping bags have never worked very well together. I slept on top of the sleeping pad and kept waking up with the uninsulated side facing up. i move around a lot while sleeping. the pad being inside of a sleeve is a really solid idea in my opinion though. so much so that when i saw the quilt idea i knew it would work extremely well for me. i move around a long, but still having the covering strapped to the pad was a winning idea for me.

so yes BA is a cool system, but if you arent a crazy sleeper like me then id say you could do without.

C Bow

WKR
I just got my Western Mounteering Badger Gore Windstopper and am very happy it has enough room in shoulders I hope it is as warm as the Kuiu bag I had it was short the storage bag and stuff sack

dec0y

FNG
I'll echo what others have said: WM quality and construction is impossible to beat for sleeping bags.

That being said, I've got a like new 15 degree WM bag in the classifieds, as I'm moving towards a hammock setup.

Snyd

WKR
BA Insulated air core and Zirkel bag have served me well on numerous sheep hunts.

C Bow

WKR
After a little checking the stuff sack and storage sack were way down in foot of sleeping bag I love the zipper on this bag never gets caught and the extra room in shoulders is awesome Thanks to everyone for all the advice Thanks