Mini Ground Hogs

I found these sweet little Mini Ground Hogs last week. I picked them up for my Sheep Tarp for high speed low drag. Are these enough to effectively stake down say a Megatarp/Super Tarp in decent soil? Would it be worth the weight savings to convert to minis vs the standard Ground Hogs?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I run a mix most times.
If available I'll put a rock or something on top of minis if questioning the hold

OP
TradLife406
I set up my new to me Gen 2 Megatarp last night. It took 21 stakes if I tied everything down with the annex. There's a few like the edge stakes I think should be able to run the minis. Then run the big ones for the guy lines and four most corner. Thanks guys!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

work765

WKR
How are you guys hooking your lines to the minis? I just bought some and went to pitch my Lunar Solo for the first time and it seemed odd that I just put the stakes in at an angle and let the strap stop on the little notched out part. I'm so used to traditional stakes I guess that have a hook or bend in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GIS

Lil-Rokslider
I run cord with linelocs and a slip knot on the end that goes over the minis.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

work765

WKR
Thanks guys! I'll run a small bit of line.

lintond

WKR
I run only the minis on the megatarp. Haven't had an issue so far. I also pitch my tarp with small 6" cord loops to help add sf and lift my tarp off the ground

tttoadman

WKR
All I use on any of my small tarps and tents including my Lunar Solo are the minis. I put 2ft glow wire guy lines with line locks, and they just hook the top and stay on just fine. As far as bad weather, that is what rocks or big logs are for.

My brother has a Six Moons Trekker. These are made to load the end stakes heavy. He carries 2 regular and the rest minis.