1 pole floorless

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
The Granite does not have guy lines on the long, straight side. So they are staked directly to the ground. Put that edge toward the windward side and you're good to go. Only had condensation once and that was because I was sleeping on snow and didn't have enough breeze. Like you said, drop the pole a little and you can get it pretty tight but it eats up all your head space. I like pitching it higher anyways!

View attachment 52850
View attachment 52851

pics not working for me

FWIW Jimmy replied "The granite is designed to be pitched 48" height. you can lower it a little but then it wont tension properly. i designed it that way to control condensation"

UtahJimmy

WKR
pics not working for me

FWIW Jimmy replied "The granite is designed to be pitched 48" height. you can lower it a little but then it wont tension properly. i designed it that way to control condensation"
Fixed the pictures, not sure why the internet doesn't let me add pics but the app will?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
What do y'all think about this option? It's a Hong Kong made product and I was searching all over for a distributor (even looked at shipping from New Zealand or the U.K. As an option) and finally found a US distributor

Hexpeak Tipi (1P+) Tent System

– Luxe Hiking Gear

They make a tut square side one but it's made of polyester and a little heavier

There's a few reviews on YouTube from and English distributor as well as a video with it holding up to some really high winds next to a hilleberg that's being blown around pretty crazily

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
What do y'all think about this option? It's a Hong Kong made product and I was searching all over for a distributor (even looked at shipping from New Zealand or the U.K. As an option) and finally found a US distributor

Hexpeak Tipi (1P+) Tent System

– Luxe Hiking Gear

They make a tut square side one but it's made of polyester and a little heavier

There's a few reviews on YouTube from and English distributor as well as a video with it holding up to some really high winds next to a hilleberg that's being blown around pretty crazily

For what it is, that setup is heavy. Their math doesn't add up either. 23.2+20.8 isn't 43, and that's without the pole. Plenty of US-sourced shelters are lighter, and bigger than that. That door on it just looks like trouble waiting to happen. It's your money, I just think there's better choices on the market.