New Elightened Equipment bivy has been released

OP
dreamingbig
Life got in the way but I will set it up this weekend. I got this for unplanned overnights to go with my tarp and bag. That said I think if you run some tyvek with it will be more than durable.

Stay tuned for more feedback tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
dreamingbig
My first impressions are this is exactly what I wanted. Basically a bug net plus weatherproof on bottom, sides and ends. I got the long and wide for extra room. It is durable enough to survive 3 kids under 7 in the backyard so far.'

Some pictures...

5be0f0df0546acba926b42400eda44de.jpg
ac04bc07a7a11ff2531c382e36f9a59c.jpg
09c5cc675e5eb007a5c5d54d63728562.jpg
088ee702cfcdd2ac291a2b90cd6d0274.jpg
7471924a719a61b8ad4cec6a16635170.jpg

OP
dreamingbig
The whole system (EE bivy, 10'x10' silnylon tarp with guyouts and stakes) put away.

Edit: it is a medium pullout.

ed1ab55993488e042bfe6aca9879681e.jpg

Last edited:

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
Like the look of it, but not sure 15D is very durable for the floor? Was texting with Jennie @ Enlightened about this and she recommended a ground cover under the bivy if on any rocky ground. I contacted them to see if getting a thicker floor was possible (not at this time). The Ti Goat has 30D bottom(?)

OP
dreamingbig
Like the look of it, but not sure 15D is very durable for the floor? Was texting with Jennie @ Enlightened about this and she recommended a ground cover under the bivy if on any rocky ground. I contacted them to see if getting a thicker floor was possible (not at this time). The Ti Goat has 30D bottom(?)

A tyvek ground sheet would solve your issues.

gdog

Lil-Rokslider
A tyvek ground sheet would solve your issues.

Haven't used a bivy before (always been a tent guy), but needing one since getting setup with a new tarp and Cimarron this winter. Would it not be easier to get a bivy with more durable floor, then having to pack another ground sheet? Either more weight for heavier constructed tub floor...or end up carrying an additional ground sheet for protection(?) Just received my Enlightened Equipment Revelation 0 degree quilt..just need to find the right bivy now.

OP
dreamingbig
I don't plan to run tyvek with mine. It will be durable for the pine needles and forest floor where I hunt. I also don't move around a ton when I sleep.

Grambo

Lil-Rokslider
Ive got 2 TiGoat Ravens and like them . It looks like the EE is slightly bigger across and at the toe box , TiGoat is slightly longer. I don't have the bug netting in mine and really wish they did. I like the looks of the zipper location in the EE , the TiGoats are a half moon circular zipper that comes partway down each side. I do recommend a ground cloth of some kind . Cheap insurance. I use a Redcliff Tent setup.

OP
dreamingbig
I will be spending the night in mine on Friday. I will let you know how it does with condensation. I am not expecting much but you never know.

Will be at 4500' mark in Washington Cascades.

OP
dreamingbig
First night spent in the bivy was awesome. Stars were out so it was bivy on top of dirt/gravel road (no ground cloth) with pad and quilt inside. No condensation in the footbox at all and the mesh stayed off my face for a bug free sleep. It is a great bivy option.

OP
dreamingbig
I used it for several nights with great success. I also packed it with a tarp as an emergency shelter all elk season. Nice to keep in your pack.