Apex insulation packability?

I'm hoping to hear from folks that have been using gear with Apex insulation for a while. I recently made a simple quilt with Apex 3.6 oz/yd material to make about a 40 degree quilt. My question is how much can I compress it without reducing its loft? Of course for long term storage it won't be compressed. I've made a compression sack that will compress it WAY down so that it's almost hard as a rock but I'm concerned that this may be reducing its loft in the future.

Has anybody else done this?

I have a quilt I made out of apex 7.5 and I compress the heck out of it for my pack and have never had any loft problems. I think you can compress the apex as much as needed for trips as long as it's stored long term unconpressed.

LBFowler

WKR
CS will suffer less loft loss then many synthetics, and I think a certain amount of loft loss just comes from normal use whether or not you compress it.

Especially if it is homemade I'd encourage you to be mean to it so you can find out for yourself, then you'd know for sure if you need to baby the next one ;)