Hilleberg Soulo

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
Think after a few months of research I am going to purchase the Hilleberg Soulo for backcountry hunts. Most the time I won't need a 4-season but I have a hunt coming up in September with high probability of snow. I'm not sure if the 3-season will hold up.

Has anyone used the inner mesh they offer with these tents? I was thinking about getting one for my scouting trip in a month where it's still warm and just using it alone without the tent.

Anyone used this tent before?

Villreinjeger

Lil-Rokslider
I had one. I found it to heavy for the space you get.

I'd rather go Allak model.

If weight is an issue, have a look at the 4-season Kuiu tent!

sneaky

"DADDY"
Soulo is a bombproof 4 season option. You could also run it as a single wall shelter without the inner tent and have more room and still be safer than any other option. Hilleberg quality is head and shoulders above everything else. I would look at the Big Sky tents as an alternative to KUIU, since those are the ones that KUIU copied, and they have way more color options. If you are looking to buy once, cry once, Hilleberg is the easy call.

I tried one out too. Found it too heavy for the space. It seems bombproof but way to heavy for how tiny it is.

Gehri1tm

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Niak which I use for all but extreme conditions. It is lighter compared to the Soulo and you can trim weight with mods that are listed in the Hilleberg tent reviews on Rokslide.

OP
T

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
So I got the Soulo in today, ran through the options setting it up earlier and just wanted to share my observations. It's heavier than expected just as a few of you mentioned it would be.. That being said, I also bought the mesh inner tent and footprint. With the mesh inner tent, you have a ton of versatility. This is essentially a 4-season tent and 3-season tent, with the option to run just the mesh inner with a tarp and footprint which will be perfect for down here in Southern AZ where camping where there's all kinds of desert critters that can ruin your night if they get in your bag with you. If I were to just run the mesh inner or the inner that comes with the Soulo, including the poles and stakes that came with it, I'm only looking at packing in a few pounds. So this will be a great option most the year unless I'm expecting bad weather.

Now about that space.. Unless you absolutely need both the inner and outer set up, you can easily roll up the inner and make a lot more room, plenty for you and all your hunting gear. There are also multiple ways to vent this thing which I really like. I am happy I went with this company and I know there are other tents from this company or even other companies that have similar options, but this just happened to be the one I liked the best. Their customer service sold me. Anyone has any questions about it feel free to ask.