Klymit Sleeping pad

BCrob

FNG
Hey folks, looking for reviews/opinions on their pads. Im looking for something wider with a decent insulating value and came across these guys. looking at the insulated static v luxe pad. Im not concerned about the weight (close to 2lbs) as I am not going to scrimp on comfort for sleep anymore. this pad is 30" wide and should just fit inside my Tarptent Stratospire 1.

TIA, Rob

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
No compliants from me, i use the static v, non lux version. Ive got nothing to compare it to. Im 175 and sleep on my side no problem.

I have one and for mm e, its not as comfortable as I'd like. I move around a lot and find that I want a bit more thickness. Reviews I've seen tend to agree that its not as good as others.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I have the 30, its pretty comfy
I'd say a 7.5 out of 10

Most I'd give to others is 6 or 7

Pads just don't work great for me, but this one is decent

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

WoodBow

WKR
No complaints about my insulated static V. Seems durable and well made. I've used it 2 years now. I did recently add a thermarest cot to my arsenal and it certainly improves how I sleep on it. I tend to be a side or stomach sleeper.

OP
B

BCrob

FNG
Good to hear. not the lightest but hoping it improves my sleep.

Just bought some of their gear when the Klymit rep was at our Costco. Going to try it out this weekend! If you can check Costco before you order online they do offer some better deals on a few of their products

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BCrob

FNG
I will. Thanks. $140 (Canadian ) on line which isn't to bad

MtnMuley

WKR
I run the that pad in the non insulated version during mild seasons. Love it. However, if it gets below freezing, it makes for a long night of sleep. I really like the comfort and size, and would like to get the non insulated too, but can't justify it when I have an Xtherm max in their widest model.

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
I bought an insulated on eBay directly from Klymit. I made a low offer and then they countered with $60 and I took it.

Owenst7

WKR
I bought a Static V uninsulated (not the V2, mine is 19oz) at Costco this spring for $30. I've used it down to about 25* with a crappy bag a couple times sleeping under a tarp and didn't have issues. I usually have issues sleeping due to being too hot though.

Over the holiday weekend, I did 3 nights in the Jarbidge wilderness with that pad and was really happy with it. I'm usually a side sleeper and this causes me some shoulder discomfort even at home if I don't have a thick enough pillow. I just lump up a raincoat when I'm backpacking, and this pad did great for me even side sleeping. One night I was so exhausted that I accidentally pitched my tarp over an immovable rock a little smaller than the dimensions of a baseball, right in the middle of my back. I couldn't even tell it was there with the pad inflated.

From reading online, it sounds like they have a slightly common issue with the valve leaking after time, but Klymit has a video on youtube on a pretty simple repair procedure with glue. There is a claim of lifetime warranty against defects on the stuff sack, so I'd think they might honor that if that were the case, although I'd personally just do it myself if it's that easy.

The V-shape of the baffles looked uncomfortable to me until I used the pad the first time. This pad stays under me better than most pads, even with me rolling around all night trying to cool off. The only pad I've used that worked as well for staying under me is the giant lightspeed pad that Costco sells. I love those pads for car camping. They have bars running down the sides that are about an inch thicker than the rest of the pad.

I like the uninsulated so much that I'm planning on buying a refurb insulated version off eBay at the end of summer if I don't have any issues pop up with my uninsulated one.

Costco is about the cheapest price other than refurbs on eBay I believe, so if you can wait for that, it'd be a good way to check them out in person. Costco has an excellent return policy also. They were selling the standard insulated for $60. I kind wish I would have bought one of each at that time.

My Sam's Club appears to be stocking the uninsulated static V for $40 as a standard item now, BTW.

I think Klymit is nailing the price point on their pads for being at a point where I'll give them a try and not be disappointed if they aren't perfect. Mine is a great average of packed size, weight, comfort, and durability.

Last edited: