Downmat wintermat 7 reviews

Does anyone have the downmat wintermat 7 or downmat UL 7? The synmat is probably similar. I am just wondering how the comfort is compared to my Thermarest Prolite plus 4. It's an inch thicker so I would hope it is more comfortable.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does anyone have the downmat wintermat 7 or downmat UL 7? The synmat is probably similar. I am just wondering how the comfort is compared to my Thermarest Prolite plus 4. It's an inch thicker so I would hope it is more comfortable.

I have the Synmat 7 and am really liking it so far. I only slept on a prolite one time, but I think this exped is much more comfortable, especially when sleeping on your side.

I have the Synmat 7 and am really liking it so far. I only slept on a prolite one time, but I think this exped is much more comfortable, especially when sleeping on your side.
I just ordered the Synmat Winterlite Medium as it was 3.5-inches and R-4.9. Cant say how comfortable it is yet but the best price I found was at Sierra Trading Post. Was looking for a higher R in case i do any later season backpacking and was willing to carry the extra 5 oz compared the to next level down. The Medium was also thicker than the wide which i didnt expect. It also has great reviews. I didn't want to chace getting cold as the older I get seems like I get cold easier.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

I have had the Winterlite medium wide for over a year and it has replaced my Prolite as my go to pad. I have found it to be just about the perfect pad for year around use.

OP
G
Now I'm wondering if I should exchange the Med for the LW. The Med is the same width as my prolite but seems to be more awkward trying to keep my arms on it due to the height. The LW is 1/2 lb heavier though and I don't need the length. Wish they made a MW. And the LW packed size isn't much better than my prolite.