Sleeping gear storage

Thor0331

Lil-Rokslider
I have a kifaru bag. Is it okay to keep it in its compression bag if it's not compressed down all the way or should I keep it out completely? Same question for sleeping pad

WyoElk

WKR
I usually hang my bags in the closet on a hanger, completely uncompressed. As for my pad, it's an Xtherm so I leave it rolled up.

Vids

WKR
I have a Big Agnes that I keep in the garage uncompressed in a plastic tote. I've had it for 8 years and it's fine.

FlyGuy

WKR
Pretty sure aron says not to store it in the bag on one of the slick bag videos. I keep mine loose in a large plastic storage tub.

acmckeage03

Lil-Rokslider
All my bags are hung up. Pads are stored with just enough air for them to keep shape but not under tension.

My bags/quilts are placed in a couple large hanging cotton bags in the garage uncompressed.

ATX762

Lil-Rokslider
Synthetic bags die quick under compression, whether they are high end or not. The fibers just collapse and break down over time. Down bags are way way more forgiving. I would def make sure that a synthetic bag lives without any compression except when you're using it. Esp an expensive one.

oldgoat

WKR
My big Agnes bags came with an oversized mesh bag for loose storage, my woobie and slick bag I keep hanging on those hooks like you use to hang bicycles from