Best regular length wide sleeping pad

Pinewood

Lil-Rokslider
My Big Agnes Qcore insulated model has decided it's done livin'. It leaks from just about everywhere. I think maybe it's delaminated. I'm going to send it back to BA, but I'm wondering about other options for a wide, regular length pad. Looking for a good blend of light weight, durable and cost effective. Cheers.

mlob1one

WKR
I'm a huge fan of my ExPed pads. I have both the UL7 and the UL9. Unless you're spending time in some really cold and brutal areas, the UL7 should be on your list. Good luck on the search.

My Big Agnes Qcore insulated model has decided it's done livin'. It leaks from just about everywhere. I think maybe it's delaminated. I'm going to send it back to BA, but I'm wondering about other options for a wide, regular length pad. Looking for a good blend of light weight, durable and cost effective. Cheers.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

If I had to rank my top 3 it would be

Exped Synmat UL7/9
Nemo Tensor
Thermarest XTherm/XLite

The Thermarest are going to be the lightest, but they are also the thinnest if you're a side sleeper. They also are annoying crunchy sounding when new. Best warmth/weight ratio.

Exped Synmat and Downmat provide pretty good warmth (not as good as the q-core) but provides great comfort. It is vertical baffle design which some don't like and Exped's material is on the slick side (but so is big agnes which you're used to).

I really want to try the Nemo Tensor. My Nemo Cosmo is the most comfortable pad I have and the tensor adds a combination of both Exped and Thermarest's insulation technologies. There are 2 problems with the Nemo for you especially. 1) it only comes in long wide, so you're stuck with exxtra length. 2) They never list or test r-values so you can't compare them on paper.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Unless you are shorter I wouldn't rule out a long (within reason) pad. I'm 6' and the 20"x72" pads once you get elevated a few inches on a thicker pad I have issues with width and length (loose my make shift pillow, etc). I'm using the xtherm long now with is I believe 25x77 and that I stay centered on much more easily.

I am a side sleeper and was very skeptical of the Xtherm, but I have 5-6 nights on it so far and LOVE it. I had a Q-core before, which is much thicker, but I think they Xtherm is more comfortable on my side, and more comfortable all around. The noise some people talk about is overrated...its not any noticeably louder than any other pad I have every had.

Get the Xtherm Max, 25" wide, 77" long...only 23 oz

I like my exped hyperlite. It's wider at the shoulders which works well for me and much lighter than my synmat 7

I have been extremely happy with my Caelas instinct pad. It is heavier than most at 26 oz, but it has been extremely comfortable and durable in my floorless shelter. It is has a R-value of 4.6 and has large baffles on the sides to keep you from rolling off, and at 3" thick sleeping on your side isnt to bad either. Just my expierence. Keep in mind prior to usiing this pad i was using my USMC issued ISO mat which is pretty much useless.