Side sleeper pad recommendations?

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a side sleeper (or at least that's how I fall asleep) and I'm looking for recommendations on a pad. I don't want anything to thin and plan to use it in the winter here in the Midwest. I've looked for an exped ul9 but all I see is orange so not sure if that is it or not. I have also kinda looked at the new air xtherm but it seems a little thin. I currently have a BA Q core that is nice and thick but didn't know if there was other lighter better options out there. Any help or quidence is appreciated.

mlob1one

WKR
I'm a side sleeper (or at least that's how I fall asleep) and I'm looking for recommendations on a pad. I don't want anything to thin and plan to use it in the winter here in the Midwest. I've looked for an exped ul9 but all I see is orange so not sure if that is it or not. I have also kinda looked at the new air xtherm but it seems a little thin. I currently have a BA Q core that is nice and thick but didn't know if there was other lighter better options out there. Any help or quidence is appreciated.
My UL9 is yellow on one side and gray on the bottom. Love it for snow and winter camping.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

LionHead

WKR
The Xtherm is pretty dam comfy. I'm between 250-270# depending on the season. My hips used to bottom out and touch the ground on the pro-lite plus and my back would be wrecked in the morning. Doesn't happen with the Xtherm. I bought the xtherm Max in large to get the width since I'm what you would call and "active sleeper." @ 23ounces and better sleep in the mountains I call it a win.

the Xtherm is not as fragile as I once thought it was going in to be. The only con I can think of is the krinkly sound it makes because of the reflective material it employs for insulation but even that dampens with usage and doesnt bother me.

I've only been down to 29degree on the xtherm, I manage to tag out before the snow came down Last year. But one thing I note on that pad vs traditional insulated pads is that I use alot less layers because of the thermal reflectivity. Once you lay down heat starts coming right back to you. Most nights I had to open up my quilt to cool off.

Just my .02

JNDEER

WKR
Recently tried the BA double Z pad and I can side sleep on it ok. Have not found anything perfect.

6'1" - 230lbs and with an UL7 I sleep amazing on my side down into the teens. the 9 would be even better for colder temps.

I use the Q-core myself but have recently got the newer-lighter version to try. Only a few nights on it but so far so good considering the weight savings.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider

You should be able to find the mat in red or orange. You will want to look under the new name SynMat UL Winter however.

its funny i sleep on side at home, but in the woods on a pad i must be to worn out to get to the side, i sleep perfectly on my back on a Xtherm