Any Feedback On Cabelas Instinct Insulated Sleeping Pad?

KSBackCountryHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at getting a new sleeping pad- anyone tried the new Cabelas Instinct Sleeping Pad? Another one I was looking at was the Thermarest Pro-Lite Plus pad. I don't really know how insulated I need-- don't think I will ever be down in single-digits- Mostly early to mid season fall hunts. thanks!

I've had one for a couple of years. It is the first inflatable pad I have ever owned that held air overnight every time. I am debating between taking this and my luxury lite to Alaska in Sept. I will probably take the instinct.
A foam pad will be warmer, this is basically an inflatable with a mylar type liner, but it is comfy for me. I'm a side sleeper, 6' and 215lbs and my hips and shoulders don't bottom this pad out.

ljalberta

WKR
I have no experience with the Cabelas pad, but I have a Pro Lite Plus. I will say for me, I can start to feel the chill on the pad once the temperature drops below freezing. I've still slept on it using a quilt in the mid 20s, but I personally wouldn't want to take it much below that. I'm not a very warm sleeper though, so that may play into it as well.

I own a Cabelas Instinct pad. I use it in my floorless shelter and love it. I have yet to use it at any temps below 30 F, but it has not been an issue. My hunting partner has gone through a few from REI but the first 2 started leaking. The Instinct is a little heavy at 26 OZ but its 2.5-3" thick and holds air for me. Also I am a back sleeper most the time and with large baffles on the left and right it keeps you on the pad, and when I do switch to my side it isnt bad either.

xziang

WKR
I ran a thermarest pro-lite plus for a year or two and then went to a neo-air to save some weight. Agree with the anove post in regards to the pro lite plus, one thing i liked about the pro lite is very durable in my opinion.

Not to steer you away from your chioces but dont forget about looking at big agnes stuff too. (No personal experience with them though)