Kuiu 0 Degree and 15 Degree on Sale Now

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
You do realize the sale price takes the marked up rams head logo product down towards what other very well known/respected manufacturers on down bags charge in general right?

I enjoy some of kuiu's product lines (prior to skre no one was making hip vent pants for instance) but I personally would not buy a logo version of a product the market place is full of at better prices.

OP
Doc Holliday
Roger that.

Do you have any specific makes/models for 0 degree? I looked at Western Mountaineering but it looks like they only go through dealers and I want to click and receive...the places near me are really small, have no inventory, and would have to special order.

Last edited:

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Lots of places carry western mountaineering online for instance. They don't have the same blowout sales that marmot, mountain hardware, etc. have but are a nice bag. I have a 10deg versalite which I like.

Check around moosejaw, back country, EMS, campsaver, campmor, etc. Also lots of those stores you can get cash back through activejunkie.

Off hand I see the marmot 0deg Lithium at EMS for $500 plus 10% cash back at activejunkie for instance.

Carl

FNG
I have spent maybe 50 nights in my kuiu 0. I have nothing but good things to say about it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1signguy

WKR
Does anyone know how these bags compare to Western Mountaineering? I need a zero degree and would love to save $150.00 bucks if the Kuiu is comparable... if not I would just assume spend the extra money...

OP
Doc Holliday
If you watch the video, Jason goes over where they source their down and why it is better, the chemical coating on the down, demonstrates the water resistance by pouring water on the bag, demonstrates a side by side comparison of one of their quills vs industry standard, and pointed out the seam pattern on the bag, the internal gates and how they maintain the distribution of the down ....those are the main things I took away from it. I don't know where WM and others may source their down from, if they also have the coating, etc. or if they are synthetic....its hard to do apples to apples unless you know everything about every bag, but the presentation definitely made sense.

Video is next to picture thumbnail: 0 Degree Sleeping Bag - Super Down Sleeping Bag | KUIU

Last edited:

1signguy

WKR
Thank you- I watched the video yesterday and was impressed. Was hoping for some real world experience by someone who has used both. Went ahead and grabbed a zero degree long. With my new tent and stove I am ready for CO elk.

Last edited: