Para Tarp

DIY

WKR
Any of u guys using the paratarp. I have the megatarp. Wondering if its worth the switch to save a lb

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Depends on your application but in my opinion the para is a good shelter but cramped, good for light and fast scouting type stuff, and the mega is a better all around shelter for a bit more comfort and room.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't do it.....I have supertarp and would be cramped for two and have been looking at mega would swap you if wanted👍Let's me know if interested in that

I had a paratarp and used on several outings thinking it was the way to go. I tried it with both the trekking poles and tying it to trees and couldn't get used to how small it was. I'm not a big dude either, so to me it was like trying to make a poncho work as a shelter. I eventually sold it.

mcseal2

WKR
I have both and use the Mega 90% of the time since getting it. The Para is fine and works, but I like the extra room and being able to open both ends in hot weather. The Para mainly gets used when I'm day hunting but want the option of spiking out overnight if I get on a critter late in the day and don't want to hike all the way out to be back in the morning.