mega tarp above tree line

wildbill

Lil-Rokslider
anyone with any experience or thoughts about mega above tree line leave for alaska in late nov. for goat hunt. i talked to aron and he reccomened a soulo but if the mega can handle it i can save almost 4 lbs. Thanks for any input,Billy

tjthebest

FNG
the guy at Kifaru that arguably has the most experience with the megatarp advises against it... i would definitely listen to him

the guy at Kifaru that arguably has the most experience with the megatarp advises against it... i would definitely listen to him

In no which way, shape or form am I speaking for Aaron but the megatarp could work for your trip. Are there better options well of course. The thing that people need to understand is that Aaron doesn't speak in what if's. He tells you what he would use or from his experience.

Whitetaildown215

Lil-Rokslider
From my experience with the little time I lived up there I wouldn't want a megatarp in late November above treeline but that's just personal opinion. A lot of places start getting snow in September there and cold.

OP
W

wildbill

Lil-Rokslider
i must apologize and clarify, aron said that the mega tarpwould work but felt like thesoulo would be a better choice. fellows five days before i leave for valdez i will turn 56 i'm looking for every weight savings that i can. i've lost 55 lbs but still not in good enough shape but i will be in the best shape that i can just looking for some one that has used the mega in that type conditions.any and all input is appreciative,Thank's Billy