Cimarron or the lol bug out help deciding

I'm looking at the Cimarron or the lil big out the biggest one. What are the pros and cons which would you pick. It's going to be my one and only shelter for every season

Last edited:

dog812

WKR
I chose the lbo because of its modularity... If it's nice I'll rahe the base only.
Base + vestibule most of the time..
Now I got the connecting tarp to do the base connecting tarp and vestibule when I am bringing other people or need a stove.

NHRedleg

Lil-Rokslider
I chose the lbo because of its modularity... If it's nice I'll rahe the base only.
Base + vestibule most of the time..
Now I got the connecting tarp to do the base connecting tarp and vestibule when I am bringing other people or need a stove.

I chose the LBO for the same reasons. Right now just have the Base w/ 3piece vestibule; but knowing that I can add the tarp to what I have or even a tarp and another base were huge considerations for me.

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I just went through the same thing. I ended up going with the Cimarron. I called SO and they were very helpful. Both are great shelters but what sold me on the Cimarron was ease of setup. I like being able to break my camp down quickly and set it up quickly. The Cimarron is just easier and has more headroom. I purchased the Cimarron with the intent to use it for 2 man hunts with a stove or my wife and I with our 2x small children with no stove. I'll probably get a solo style tarp for emergency/solo trips and eventually and 8 man.

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I chose the lil bug out for its versatility and smaller footprint to pitch in some situations. I also was glad I didn't have to get everything in one purchase and plan to add to it in the future. I have the B+V now. After last weekend I recommend having a nest in the mix. I have a MLD nest and it saved my wife and I from being carried off the mountain by mosquitoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk