Semi-live pre-reveiw: Canvas Cutter-Bedroll Systems

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm literally posting this from top of the mountain. Just got done scouting for deer on an area where I saw a good typical on Saturday. Hoping to get some Phone Skope pics of him. He's about a 1,000 foot climb straight up from a road. This time of year, big bucks are only out for a little while in the morning and if you're lucky right at dark, so I don't want to hump this mountain twice a day hoping to get a look at him. I backpacked my new bed roll to the top and I've got it layed out in the sagebrush right now. Here's my first video of the system. I shot it about an hour ago.
Canvas Cutter is really best for horse packers, and road camps, but it's what I had in the truck and now that I'm laying on this 3-inch pad in the middle of a bunch of rocks, I couldn't be happier.
Canvas Cutter Bedroll - YouTube

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Canvas Cutter-Bedroll Systems

[video=youtube_share;X4X9iaCOuRY]http://youtu.be/X4X9iaCOuRY[/video]

Here's some more info from the CC site on where the system outperforms most bivy sacks- durability and breathabilty.
Canvas Bed Roll | Bed Rolls and Accessories

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Some more pics
1f02cf231e40d5fe3467affd053fbed9.jpg
9ff40421d96a248d553bcecf06ca16d1.jpg

I slept super well on that 3" foam. Had to leave the bedroll zipper open until about 5am into it cooled down enough that I actually needed covered. Zips right up over those poles. Plenty of headroom and no condensation!

Got up at 6am (first light) and was glassing 10 minutes out of camp. Got hot fast and by 8:50 started thinking I was not going to see that buck, then there he was. Got some Phone Skope of that buck. He's pretty good

[video=youtube_share;HNMI8V9dah8]https://youtu.be/HNMI8V9dah8[/video]

OMG! That sleep system looks crazy bulky and heavy. What's it weigh and what are the dimensions of the bivy rolled up?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome Canvas Cutter-Bedroll Systems

WB, as it says in the lead, it's best for horse-packing and road camp. It's 7lbs and 32" wide. Approx 12" diameter rolled.

WB, as it says in the lead, it's best for horse-packing and road camp. It's 7lbs and 32" wide. Approx 12" diameter rolled.

I started on post #2 for some reason. Saw it come off a pack and thought "WTF?!" What's it weigh?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
WB. You got a slowdown man, the weights in the same post I just answered. Ha ha ha

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
[video=youtube_share;3j_z2RZRxtg]https://youtu.be/3j_z2RZRxtg[/video]

The Canvas Cutter works well as a bag cover to keep it clean in a floorless tent. You can also see how the system rolls up into a carry-able

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
1bbe9fa13172e7d2f1975980a1f9cb34.jpg
457d580fc3b5331c0cdda2fe5fd30f19.jpg

Good system for scouting from the truck.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Yip, the smell of canvas always brings good memories for me too

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I just got an email from Seth at Canvas Cutter, "Free shipping until January 1, 2018 and we always ship priority mail, which means if you live in the U.S. you get your bedroll in 2-3 business days."

I'll have my full review on this product in the next few days. I'll post a link here.