msr hubba hubba nx 2p ...?

Grumman

WKR
Yep I have been really happy with mine. Pitches easily and also packs up in it's carry bag very easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grumman

WKR
I haven't had it in any crazy downpours, but what rain I have been in it has done fine. The rain fly covers the inner tent well and the zippers are well covered. I've never been wet nor had any condensation problems.

ljalberta

WKR
Great 3 season tent. I've had it through a couple thunderstorms and run into no problems with water coming through or getting blown under the fly. I've never had the tent in extremely windy conditions though. I use it with my wife, and it's cozy, so I'm not sure is want to spend any long durations in there unless your comfy cuddling with that person.

xziang

WKR
I am happy with mine. Still don't have a bunch of nights under it but I like it. I purchased it due to the price more than anything else. It was/is very similar to the my old stoic 2p tent which also served me well. Also take a look at BA tents too for they get some great reviews. Here is the tent pitched with just the rainfly and ground cloth. This was done over a quick weekend hunt to save some weight.

((Sorry can't post a pic for photobucket isn't working now for some reason))

AlaskaEd

WKR
I have the 1-man version. They are pretty popular up here due to their weight vs size and freestanding setup. You can get lighter tents, but you make some sacrifices to do so. I think it's a pretty good balance of weight/features.

Gumbo

WKR
It is great for most 3 season applications, I like mine. One consideration with 3 season tents is if you will be camping in very windy, dusty conditions. The mesh in a 3 season tent allows dust to blow in and fill the tent. This is why I prefer a 4 season even in early (August) antelope seasons.

napeequa55

Lil-Rokslider
Been running mine for two years, really liking it. No issues.

bowhunter15

Lil-Rokslider
Same here. No issues except that my feet sometimes touch the end of the screen which is close to the rainfly because I'm taller and roll around a lot.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bowhunter15

Lil-Rokslider
Also I elk hunted without the mesh inner, just the floorless "fast pitch" option without any issues in mid September

Grumman

WKR
I should add I bought the "gear shed" option. That makes for a good place for the dog to sleep and extra storage.

Sapper

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to see this thread! I've been looking into good 2 man lightweight tents. Some way to $$$ and others were ultra light but I kept reading reviews about condensation and getting wet or torn floors.
Do you guys use the footprint as well or is it good without?

bowhunter15

Lil-Rokslider
Glad to see this thread! I've been looking into good 2 man lightweight tents. Some way to $$$ and others were ultra light but I kept reading reviews about condensation and getting wet or torn floors.
I don't use a footprint when I know the ground will be smooth but the bottom of my floor is stained from repeated use.

Grumman

WKR
I'm 5'10" and have plenty of room to spare with neither my head nor feet against the tent wall. Yes I do use a footprint, just don't want to risk it.

xziang

WKR

I've always used the footprint doesn't add much weight and just added protection. I actually used that footprint when I did the 'fast' method and only used the rainfly and footprint before.

OP
M

mikelogg

FNG
so none of you have issues with water coming in under fly it looks like it doesnt get very close to the ground?

xziang

WKR
so none of you have issues with water coming in under fly it looks like it doesnt get very close to the ground?

When I used only the rainfly and footprint it did get a bit drafty for my taste! I haven't had it in heavy rains though.