Stove question

I have a sawtooth tent and I am looking for a stove. I think I have narrowed it down to the lite outdoors xl cylinder stove and the kifaru cylinder stove. What are the advantages of the all stainless kifaru is it more durable than titanium. I know ti is lighter but if stainless holds up better I wouldn't mind the extra weight. Thanks

ChrisC

Lil-Rokslider
the kifaru cylinder stove isn't all stainless. the body and pipe are titanium, and the two end plates for the body are stainless.

1signguy

WKR
I went Lite Outdoors. (my Sawtooth should arrive next week) Have not burned in the stove but I assembled it and I feel good about the purchase. Very easy to assemble. What sold me on the Lite Outdoors was the larger door and volume which allows larger pieces of wood and thus longer burn times.

I went Lite Outdoors. (my Sawtooth should arrive next week) Have not burned in the stove but I assembled it and I feel good about the purchase. Very easy to assemble. What sold me on the Lite Outdoors was the larger door and volume which allows larger pieces of wood and thus longer burn times.

This is what I have. It works well.
I would now go with a TiGoat WiFi Stove because it seems like the simplest, most sturdy design and has a flat top for good heat transfer between the stovetop and a pot.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
I run the 12"/18" Lite Outdoors stove. Like was said above, the large door opening is a big seller for me. It's light as hell and very versatile in my opinion. I run it in 12" mode in my Seek Outside SilverTip, and whenever I purchase a larger shelter for 2-3 guys, I'll run it in 18" mode. I have no doubt the regular version will run you out of a Sawtooth. Just my 12" alone had the interior temp of my SilverTip to 145 degrees!!!

1signguy

WKR
I run the 12"/18" Lite Outdoors stove. Like was said above, the large door opening is a big seller for me. It's light as hell and very versatile in my opinion. I run it in 12" mode in my Seek Outside SilverTip, and whenever I purchase a larger shelter for 2-3 guys, I'll run it in 18" mode. I have no doubt the regular version will run you out of a Sawtooth. Just my 12" alone had the interior temp of my SilverTip to 145 degrees!!!

So it kept you warm... :)

That lite outdoors stove WILL run you out of the tent in 18" mode...lol(6 man tipi). I am very happy with mine.

OP
W
Thanks guys I do like the added capacity of the lite outdoors stove and the larger door size it looks like it should hold a fire longer

Loved the Lite Outdoors 18" stove last year in the MegaTarp. Only drawback I found was the large front door and crappy wood. Large door was great for feeding it but it allowed a ton of sparks and embers to fly out. When I tried to shut the door to control heat and flying embers it would almost choke itself out.

Been using the 18" Smith Cylinder stove and like it better than the Lite Outdoors so far. Smaller front opening has been controlling the embers much better. Doesn't seem to choke itself out as bad as the LO stove did. It's also 1# lighter for the Smith stove vs the LO stove.

For my uses the 18" Smith cylinder has been a better option. Less weight, smaller door to control flying embers with crappy wood, and I have no excuse to leave it behind any more.

530Chukar

WKR
I'm in the same boat. I was almost about to order the LiteOutdoors stove until I watched this review on youtube youtube and saw the warping problem this guy way having. Not sure if it was from over tightening? Anyone else have a warping issue with the LO?

I'm in the same boat. I was almost about to order the LiteOutdoors stove until I watched this review on youtube youtube and saw the warping problem this guy way having. Not sure if it was from over tightening? Anyone else have a warping issue with the LO?

The answer is in his second vid, in short, operator error.

G5Archer

Lil-Rokslider
I have the 18" and no problems..yes some minor warping but nothing to get excited about. Remember the body is made of thin titanium and it's gonna get beat up out in the field. It's never gonna keep that perfect shape no matter what. As long as it does what it is intended to do and that is to keep you warm then I'm okay with it not looking perfect.
261e01ea067128ea08dca39cf4f6b4f5.jpg
fcb36586caefd0b93d1fdcbe96167b1d.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
That guy is cranking down the wingnuts waaaay too tight. My 12" was used for 5 days straight for early spring bear in Idaho and barely has a crinkle around the stovepipe hole. The rest looks great and I ran the crap out of that thing. It does take some finesse to roll it up or set it up so you can't be in a hurry if you want it to still look good.

OP
W
Thanks I don't expect it to be as durable as my wall tent stove. But it's nice to hear that it works good thanks for the responses I like the features and length of the lite outdoors

KurtR

WKR
I just got the 18 lite outdoors for my cimaron and burned it in this weekend. Easy to assemble and disassemble and controlled the burn nicley with the vent and dampner