Polycotton inflatable tents

I am contemplating purchase of a large (10 person) tent that I can set up by myself. Many of the larger traditional tents are difficult to assemble without at least one other person. I actually designed an inflatable tent before Googling em and found a variety of tents that were close to my own concept. Has anyone here got any firsthand experience with these? I have not been able to find one with a stove jack. I like that the total weight of these systems are a fraction that of a comparably sized traditional frame tent but they are all made in Europe and freight/customs is a biach. No dealers here. Would be nice to erect a 20+' tent alone without breaking a sweat or risking back injury though.

12044.jpg

13148.jpg

11871.jpg

13043.jpg

I'd use a power pump to get it close to actual recommended psi.

[video=youtube;Qqnt7wr2VwA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqnt7wr2VwA[/video]

I like that I can set it up as an entirely open, one room tent or create separate bedrooms for those family campouts where a bit more privacy is desired.

[video=youtube;YYdV5qkCi2o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYdV5qkCi2o&t=9s[/video]

dotman

WKR
And what do you do when it develops a leak? I can't see it holding up to severe wind or snow.

colonel00

WKR
I was also curious about how it handled significant drops in temps. Out in the sun all day it would be fine but then do you have to inflate at night when it gets cool? Then in the morning do you let air out again before it warms up too much?

You could run a pump/fan like the ones that keep bounce houses inflated?
Cool concept but does seem more suited for a KOA than the mountains.

I don't know what I was expecting of this thread, interesting concept.
If it were me, I'd want to set it up by inflating it, then bend in some bows to support it in case of failure once it's up. That would achieve the easy setup and take down and still have some 'real' support in the meantime.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
There are locks to section off specific baffles so a rupture won't compromise the entire grid. As for loss of PSI due to cold, I don't know if that's a real concern or to what extent it may impact the tent, thus the post seeking firsthand info.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Just thought I would update everyone after hearing back from several people including employees from the manufacturer. Many of these have "exploded" just from heat expansion during the day. They are not designed to handle snow and require constant attention to prevent problems related to psi fluctuations. Basically a high end fair weather tent not intended for our applications. Sure wish someone would devise a pop-up style tent that erects easily and quickly (solo) that is a true 4 season shelter.