Seek outside cimmaron pole from rei

Might look into a custom Easton aluminum pole from Bearpaw Wilderness Designs. Just ordered one for my Tut, $31, saves 1/2# over factory pole weight.

tttoadman

WKR
The smaller pole broke from the wind the first time we used it. I bought the 8ft pole and cut and reworked the sections down to fit the Cimmaron. It took about an hour to make the mods. I would not be afraid to take that pole anywhere.

Might look into a custom Easton aluminum pole from Bearpaw Wilderness Designs. Just ordered one for my Tut, $31, saves 1/2# over factory pole weight.

What size did you order?

The smaller pole broke from the wind the first time we used it. I bought the 8ft pole and cut and reworked the sections down to fit the Cimmaron. It took about an hour to make the mods. I would not be afraid to take that pole anywhere.

How did you rework it?

tttoadman

WKR

How did you rework it?

The only serious work is at the grommet spike end that is glued in.
1. Cut the end of the tube off with the grommet tip glued in it.
2. Grind tube off of the pressed in fitting.
3. Start cutting the tubes down evenly until you get to the min and max length you are looking for.
4. Tap the grommet tip back into the finished pole (after!!) you finish cutting everything to desired lengths.

I think I had to add one or two more pin holes for the adjuster. I also remember having to relocate the adjuster pin by removing and drilling a new hole as I shortened the tubes.

I also cut the length of the tip off to about 1/2". I had my guys cut me a 1/4" pc of aluminum about 3" diameter with a small hole in the center to use as a ground block. The 1/2" long spike stays nicely in it. It fits nicely in the bag with the shelter.