Review Safir 9 Tentipi

Billinsd

WKR
Would love to see a pros/cons comparison of this and your Seek Outside 8 man Robby!
how do the 2 brands compare price wise? What is a better value for car camping? How about say a Kifaru Sawtooth over comparable Safir? Which Safir material has less condensation? Thanks Bill

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
how do the 2 brands compare price wise? What is a better value for car camping? How about say a Kifaru Sawtooth over comparable Safir? Which Safir material has less condensation? Thanks Bill

The Safir is mid $2k so more than double the SO. But is gonna probably last way longer, so depends on your budget what’s a good value. If value to you is less $/ then SO, but if value is decades of service, then Safir.
Haven’t owned a Kifaru but sil-nylon of any brand won’t breathe like canvas in any brands.
Like I indicated above, they’re two different class of tents and I wouldn’t compare them directly. One is for lightweight apps, other is just light for class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chawn_C

FNG
I'm getting the model 7 this summer. Probably a couple Malamutes to pull it around by spring, lol.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
I'm getting the model 7 this summer. Probably a couple Malamutes to pull it around by spring, lol.

Oh man, we would love to see some pictures of that,, and getsome feedback on how you like the tent

SW hunter

Lil-Rokslider
If anyone has any questions about the tentipi I am willing to answer questions as well. I own a 9 person which is good for 4 people on the ground or 3 on cots with a stove. I’m not much of a poster on here, more of a reader but I will try. There isn’t a ton of information out there about these. These are pricey tents, for myself and most others. They’re very high quality also. I have never heard anyone saying they were disappointed or let down or regretted purchasing the Tentipi. I think the complete lack of complaints or negative info on the web says alot about their quality and satisfaction of owners.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
SW Hunter, thanks for chiming in. I agree with you, little pricey but a great investment. I really enjoyed mine especially when it got cold.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys, Tentipi just put out a very thorough video on crucial features and benefits of their systems. In case you missed that thread, here it is:

[video=youtube_share;v66jY_aRiKc]https://youtu.be/v66jY_aRiKc[/video]

I just got my Safir 9 this summer and it is awesome!!! I paired it with a Knight Alaskan stove and it works great. The tipi is big enough that mybtwo kids and I can dry out our wet cloths, have our sleeping bags out and have enough space to make eggs, ham, and pancakes on the stove top. It wss very expensive but worth every penny when we use it!!

If anyone has any questions about the tentipi I am willing to answer questions as well. I own a 9 person which is good for 4 people on the ground or 3 on cots with a stove. I’m not much of a poster on here, more of a reader but I will try. There isn’t a ton of information out there about these. These are pricey tents, for myself and most others. They’re very high quality also. I have never heard anyone saying they were disappointed or let down or regretted purchasing the Tentipi. I think the complete lack of complaints or negative info on the web says alot about their quality and satisfaction of owners.
Good evening I was just wondering since you went with the nine in your opinion will it be a overkill in a solo hunt situation I plan to hunt solo then also with my wife and then sometimes with a group of three or four but mostly only one or two in the tent but those bigger(more fellas) trips I would also like to be obtainable is the nine to overkill for my sort of situation in your opinion ? And I always like to ask those who went with the higher quality tentipi what made you spend the extra money instead of going with the seek outside or different material model thanks!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good evening I was just wondering since you went with the nine in your opinion will it be a overkill in a solo hunt situation I plan to hunt solo then also with my wife and then sometimes with a group of three or four but mostly only one or two in the tent but those bigger(more fellas) trips I would also like to be obtainable is the nine to overkill for my sort of situation in your opinion ? And I always like to ask those who went with the higher quality tentipi what made you spend the extra money instead of going with the seek outside or different material model t

@SW hunter can chime in but he hasn't posted in a few years...

but I can say with your plans for up to 4 people not overkill, on the trips of just one person, overkill; two people not overkill and plenty of room.

The canvas tent will have better R-value then a sil-nylon tent too, and virtually no condensation compared to sil-nylon.

Just heavier and more expensive is the trade-off. Probably last you a lifetime with normal use.

Super high quality tent. Tell Tom at @Mansfield Outdoors you saw it on Rokslide if you give him a call. Not sure he runs a Rokslide promo, but let him know in case he does.

@SW hunter can chime in but he hasn't posted in a few years...

but I can say with your plans for up to 4 people not overkill, on the trips of just one person, overkill; two people not overkill and plenty of room.

The canvas tent will have better R-value then a sil-nylon tent too, and virtually no condensation compared to sil-nylon.

Just heavier and more expensive is the trade-off. Probably last you a lifetime with normal use.

Super high quality tent. Tell Tom at @Mansfield Outdoors you saw it on Rokslide if you give him a call. Not sure he runs a Rokslide promo, but let him know in case he does.
Awesome thanks for that. What about heating up the Safire 9 over say the 7 . Is there any advantages there in your opinion and holding heat? Any middle of the line stoves that are big and quality enough to put out that good heat? I have a seek outside stove kinda of small and just doesn’t seem to do the heat job that well even in my smaller tarp style tent....but also don’t want to lug around a 30lb stove. Using packgoats I can get a bigger stove and have more room than a pack but just don’t want a iron wieght setup but be able to heat it up decent. Hopefully hold heat too. But ya does one shine tent over the other in that realm? Thanks again all very helpful

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome thanks for that. What about heating up the Safire 9 over say the 7 . Is there any advantages there in your opinion and holding heat? Any middle of the line stoves that are big and quality enough to put out that good heat? I have a seek outside stove kinda of small and just doesn’t seem to do the heat job that well even in my smaller tarp style tent....but also don’t want to lug around a 30lb stove. Using packgoats I can get a bigger stove and have more room than a pack but just don’t want a iron wieght setup but be able to heat it up decent. Hopefully hold heat too. But ya does one shine tent over the other in that realm? Thanks again all very helpful

Haven’t owned the 7, but the smaller the tent the easier they are to heat. Not sure what size your seek outside stove is, but my seek outside titanium XL would “probably” heat the 9.

Mansfield Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Here's another good video demonstrating the open fire inside. It's a terrific video featuring Matt Graham and Tyler White. I've included the whole video because it's kind of cool, but if you're in a hurry just scroll to the 11:07 mark where the Tentipi Safir 9 cp is being demonstrated using the open fire inside.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Here's another good video demonstrating the open fire inside. It's a terrific video featuring Matt Graham and Tyler White. I've included the whole video because it's kind of cool, but if you're in a hurry just scroll to the 11:07 mark where the Tentipi Safir 9 cp is being demonstrated using the open fire inside.

good video Tom

Dry wood made all the difference when I ran the open fire in mine.

Mansfield Outdoors

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Yep, dry wood is pretty important. I usually use sticks, gathered from off of the ground. As a general rule, if I can't break the sticks with my hands they're either to big or not dry enough. A fire inside the tent is necessarily much smaller than a campfire you might have outside the tent too. Inside, even a very small fire provides a lot of warmth and ambiance and doesn't need to be very big at all.

The fire inside this video is fresh, still burning the initial wood. Once it gets down to a bed of coals a great deal of heat is produced and maintaining it is just a matter of tossing fresh sticks in once in a while.