Elevating the pitch for air flow?

Davebuech

WKR
Hey guys

I am trying to set up my Sawtooth without staking the peg loops directly to the ground to get some air flow. The wind is really cranking out here today, so might not be the best time to fool around with it....still.

I made a half dozen loops with double fishermen knots so I can also vary the height by tightening the loop depending on conditions. My question is, do I have to tie off all the peg loops with extension loops and raise the entire thing or can I do one side only? I tried one side and moving the center pole a little off center but can't get things tight all the way around. Plus the guy out lines on the side that is extended are too short now. I guess I need to lengthen those as well?

How do you do yours? Any tips? Photos?

Thanks

Dave

FlyGuy

WKR
I have a tut, but expect it will be similar. I attach a foot or two of micro diameter cord to each peg tie out using a bowline. Super lite so I just leave them on even if I don't use them. I'll run down around the peg and back up through the bowline loop, then tie off with a half hitch. Easy and fast, very adjustable when I want to change the hieght. I usually do one side up, other side right to the ground, unless it's got out then all sides are elevated.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

I'm a Tut guy also. I've put 12" of line on every loop that touches the ground. My initial 4 corner stakeout.....I use the lines at about 6" to start my anchoring. Insert center pole then start adding additional stakes and 6" line line lengths to them. Fine tune my elevated pitch before staking upper guy lines. Works like a champ for me.

OP
Davebuech

Davebuech

WKR
Thanks guys for your input. Fooled around with it a bit today and ended up just using 18=24 inch pieces of cord. I tied em in like Fly guy suggested. Had to adjust the pegging points out a bit but finally got it to do what I wanted. I think it will be easier next time I pitch it now that I know where to set the stakes instead of trying to adjust it all once it's set up.

FlyGuy

WKR
Awesome! Enjoy your hunt. Send pics! I've been thinking about the sawtooth just due to the condensation in the tut during the warmer months.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

OP
Davebuech

Davebuech

WKR
Thanks. I think I'm set with it now

I have it set up in the backyard at 8Kft. 30+ mph wind gusts again today here and it took em in stride, so Im feeling pretty good about going up higher.

The liner just arrived for it today, thanks Kifaru. Fits like...well, like it's made for it! I hope this and/or airflow will eliminate any condensation issues when it's damp/rainy but too warm to run the stove.