Can anyone recommend a good sleeping bag for 200 or less

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
I need a good sleeping bag that packs up smaller than my western mountaineering puma. Is there a descent bag that will pack up fairly small in a compression sack for 200 or less? I want something for when its not cold enough for my puma. I noticed I can get the Marmot Kenosha 20 degree for about 175 on sierra trading post. Is there anything out there better for around the same money. I think that marmot is 650 down, so its light and should compress well, but I couldn't find any reviews on you tube or anything.....Im a cold sleeper, so I would like something in that 20 degree range........Thanks

Owenst7

WKR
I just acquired a Kelty Cosmic 20 last week from a family member. It packs to a little bigger than a nalgene bottle. It's probably half the size of my WM Antelope. I think they're about $80 on sale. I don't think it's much lighter than my antelope, but I'll probably carry it in the summer just cuz it packs smaller.

I'd probably like a quilt for summer when temperatures are above freezing. I like the bug protection of a mummy though, especially since I use a tarp and we have a lot of beetles, scorpions, snakes, etc.

EBay is a great place to pick up used down bags for really cheap. I've seen a lot of WM bags go for less than half price. My Antelope with goretex shell was $300 shipped and was like new.

Last edited:

ljalberta

WKR
If you're willing to give a quilt a try you can find some great down options that will be very light and compressible for under $200.00. Im not personally familiar with any bags in that price range though.

North face cats meow is a backpackers standard for decades. Well under 3lbs. I have slept comfortably into the teens in mine. Can be had for $130 or so from the right website.

OP

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
I looked at the cosmic 20 and think its perfect exempt I can't get in with a left hand zipper. Only comes in a right side zipper I think. Other than that, its perfect! Hard to go to a right side zipper when i have used left side ones for forty years.....lol
I will check out the cats meow.......is it down?

bounds

WKR
I'd go with a quilt. Especially if for warmer weather and you already have a bag. If you want down, check into the Burrow Econ from Hammock Gear. If synthetic, Enlightened Equipment offers their quilts in Climashield Apex. Both would be great options under $200.

And they're both made by hand in the USA.

I'm pretty much just bragging here but my point would be to stay on it and be ready to pounce. Just caught a REI -20 goose down 800 fill bag for $195 and they gave me a gift card for $20 and free shipping. Badass bag.

Mruda1

FNG
REI is having a decent sale for labor day currently... I think they have the Marmot Sawtooth's in the 150 range.

Marshmstr

Lil-Rokslider
Sierra Designs Backcountry Bed...u won't be sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk