anyone know the cheapest place to get a western mountaineering ultralight 20?

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
I am thinking of getting a western mountaineering ultralight 20. Does anyone know any place that running a sale? I did a search and come up with NADDA....ZILCH........lol Thanks in advance

AXEL

WKR
I have bought two WM bags of the three I have owned, these in the past 7-8 weeks, from Charlie, at Bear River Outfitters, in Utah. I have bought 4 Hilleberg tents, an original Integral Designs, tent and some other gear from him over the past 10-11 years.

I cannot recommend him too highly, excellent product knowledge, simply outstanding service and rocksolid honesty. Google him, give him a call an see what happens.

I have owned a lot of bags since my first cheap HBC sack in 1964-65, original Marmot Mtn. Works, MEC, Fairey Down, Pioneer from Vancouver, Petzoldt Wilderness equipment, original ID from Calgary, Caravan from Sweden, Camp Seven, Wildthings, Exped, FF, Valandre and the WMs. NOBODY makes a better bag, even Valandre which are equal, but, not superior.

So, you will be happy when you get it, my Sequoia, came two days ago and it is as close to PERFECT for an "all around" bag for we geezers as I can imagine.

Enjoy! :)

Last edited:
I gave up on looking for sales and just paid full price from backcountry.com because They have taken great care of me when products failed in the past. They occasionally pop up on backpackinglight.com classifieds too.

LaHunter

WKR
When I bought my WM bag, I hunted for weeks for sales. I called several locations that sold these bags asking about discounts. Info I got was that the prices are pretty much set by WM and the retailer has to stay with that price. Also, the sales happen when they happen is what I was told

Owenst7

WKR
I got my WM bag off eBay in great used condition for less than half of list price. It comes out to exactly the same amount of loft WM lists them as new.

There's a lot of good deals on there. I picked up an old Marmot -5F down bag with gore tex shell for under $100 shipped a short while ago.