Seekiutside Cimarron in a compression sack

Hunter6

WKR
Can't find much on this issue. Does anyone do this and if so what size.
The bag it comes in has a lot of trapped air. I think I could get a much smaller foot print in my backpack.
Is there a reassign people are not putting it in a compression sack that in not thinking of.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sveltri

WKR
I use a medium Kifaru pullout for my Silvertip, and a large pullout for my Redcliff. The bags they come in don't really compress much, I've had zero issues so far.

OP
Hunter6

Hunter6

WKR
Well I got the sea to submit ultra sil compression sack size medium. It fit ok but could still be compressed more. I just ordered the size small to see how that works.

hwy1strat

WKR
I've also been curious to try this. However, I have not done it because of the metal rod that holds the vent open. I know its probably an irrational fear that I would bend it beyond usability

colersu22

WKR
I put mine with the stakes and cordage in a large Kifaru pullout. Once in the pack the things on top of it compress it nice.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Put mine in a small 3 string kifaru compression sack

OP
Hunter6

Hunter6

WKR
I've also been curious to try this. However, I have not done it because of the metal rod that holds the vent open. I know its probably an irrational fear that I would bend it beyond usability

I had this same thought and email the company to get their thoughts. There email response below:

"There is no problem putting it in a stuff sack, I would probably go with a medium stuff sack.

Joe

720 Independent Ave
Grand Junction, CO 81505. "

RockChucker30

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
On a recent trip I had a hammock setup, 0 degree top quilt, 0 degree bottom quilt, hammock, tarp, plus a vest, fleece shirt, and 6 days food.

I was maxing out the volume of my pack. Everything was packed down into as small a sack as I could get it and I tried orienting the stuff sacks several different ways in the bag.

I finally took all the insulation out of the stuffsacks and stuffed it one on top of the other into the bottom of the packbag.

This probably opened up 3-4" of vertical volume in a packbag that had been almost impossible to close.

Sometimes unpacking things from stuffsacks and allowing it to soak up crevices in the bag opens up more room, not less.