Outdoor Vitals - Any Reviews?

OP
J

jeg9792

Lil-Rokslider
I bought two different styles of the 20 degree down bag, and will be able to review them in October as well. I was just curious if anyone had used them before I packed them up the mountain and found out the hard way they were junk. I've read some good things about them, and they are priced right, so I'm hoping they work as advertised.

KurtR

WKR
I forgot about this post. I went to idaho for elk this year and the first night it got in the low teens. I have the zero degree bag and used the klymit static v lux pad. I was nice and warm all night with my base layers on. The rest of the week was in the 20's and i had to vent it to cool off. I am impressed with the bag. My only complaint would be the zipper can be caught on the bag material if you zip it to fast which can be a pain. This is my first bag so i dont have lots of experience with it but for the price and performance i would recommend it to my friends. It seemed to dry fast from the little bit of frost on the out side of the bag and the down did not loose any loft. We were staying in a cimmaron for point of reference.

Last edited:

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I will be getting a OV mummy pod, and will give roksliders a full account this year.

Clever product.

I have the older/regular down version of the zero degree bag. I stayed plenty warm elk hunting in Idaho down to the low 20's. Also had it down into the teens on a trout fishing trip and it did well then. Usually slept in shorts and a first lite llano. Any warmer than that and you have to partially unzip it. It seemed like the best value and I've been very happy with it. My brother has the same bag and he likes it also.

Ercas

FNG
Used the 30 degree bad last November in CO for a week long hunt. A few nights got down to the teens, those nights I wore my midweight merinos, but every other night I was pretty comfortable in my boxers. Super happy with the weight and pack-ability, plus I think it was only ~$100 when I bought it?

ndbuck09

WKR
Does anyone else have their experiences with these bags that they might want to share. I'm curious about the weights on these bags? Do they hit the advertised weights in real life?

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone else have their experiences with these bags that they might want to share. I'm curious about the weights on these bags? Do they hit the advertised weights in real life?

I just received mine. I will put it on the scale tonight.

-Matt

KurtR

WKR
My zero degree bag i got last year was with in an ounce of the posted weights my scale was not that good so it could have been right on.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Ok,

So Outdoor Vitals list the 15 deg Stormloft Mummy Pod at 2 lbs. 10 ounces in the stuff sack. They don’t mention including the hammock cordage.

Mine:

b68b8a193dfc7fb74ef9c13b8bfe2876.jpg

Of that 3.5 ounces is stuff sack:

c00064fab9eb1cfd679c0cc7f6b8c739.jpg

Also included separately is the hammock cordage:

4c6fca06c468f18f3ea3604b7ca2c136.jpg

So if you add that 1.4 ounces total packed weight is 2 lbs 9.2 ounces.

Last edited:

snowplow

WKR
Thats killer. I also noticed that the mummypod is listed as the same weight as the normal mummy bag. I got the mummypod not so much for the hammock capability but for the center zip and ability to open up the footbox. They said the size and dimensions are the same between the two. I also noticed that the centerzip goes down much further than almost all others lve seen. Which is awesome to use as opened up upside down as a quilt with the footbox open.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk