How much stove pipe, 12x20 Alaknak?

Ghost

Lil-Rokslider
I built a 35 gallon drum stove for my alaknak tent, I have to pick up some stove pipe, wondering how much stove pipe to get? The damper sits approx 24 inches off the ground

I run 4, 3 foot sections on my stove in my 12 by 20 alaknak. But, it stands up tall instead of a barrel stove. Damper is about 4 feet off the ground. Anything shorter and it doesn't draw well enough to prevent back drafts during wind. On your stove, I'd do 5 pieces. God Bless

OP
G

Ghost

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered 6- 2 foot sections. Now I need to find a good spark arrestor for 5 inch pipe.

OP
G

Ghost

Lil-Rokslider
Speaking of which, Im reading up on spark arrestors, seems like they may damper down the stove, anyone have any experience with a stack robber?

LaHunter

WKR
Rule of thumb is to make sure your stove pipe extends above the highest point of your tent.
I have the 12X20 Alaknak and I use the nesting stove pipe that you can buy form cylindar stoves or colorado cylindar stoves. I also use the spark arrester and it works well at preventing sparks from escaping, but the screen will foul after a few days and will need cleaning.