Hille Akto, Naik experiences

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Short story is I had an Anjan 2 get thrashed by a bear last year, looking to replace. Tent is for solo use. After reviewing the feedback on these shelters here on Rokslide, it left me wondering a couple things:

- in use, is the Akto "comfortable" meaning is it an okay place to weather a storm for a day? Some people love this tent, but there isn't much discussion as to user comfort. I'm leaning towards an akto.

- my primary use is shoulder seasons where wind and light snow are in the mix, here in Montana. The naik has more space and height, but is it too airy for shoulder season use? Also seems like a really good option.

- given those two shelters or the Anjan 2, would you just stick with the two man tunnel?

The goal would be a reasonably light bombproof shelter capable of stretching late into October.

Thanks everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The akto is bombproof. Good shelter. Not a lot of room thou inside. Pretty tight fit low Ceiling makes it not my preferred tent. If I was going hillebergs I prefer the free standing ones.

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
I run the niak throughout the entire hunting season in Alaska. It's roomy enough for 2 people or a palace for 1. I've had it everywhere in rain, high winds, and snow. The "catenary cuts" on the fly are matched by high arches in the bathtub floor. I've never been wet or had any issues. I was torn between this one and the akto or enan. But found many reviews complaining about condensation. I did replace the 2mm guy lines with their 3mm lines and runners. I also bought the foot print and an extra set of poles for when I use it in heavy snow. Another thing I will point out that was important in my decision the Akto is not a true freestanding tent. Therefore if you lose a guy out or peg you have a potential for collapse. It also makes it tricky to pitch in high winds. Never owned one but barneys in anchorage often has them on display and they let me take the tent down and set it up to see If o would like it. It uses tension from the ends to hold the tent erect.
89683b7d02113610c73bc7a51d8cb775.jpg

Last edited:
As far as the solo Hillebergs go, I have owned the Akto, Unna, and Soulo. They are all great tents but if I had to pick just one, the Unna is my favorite.

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
As far as the solo Hillebergs go, I have owned the Akto, Unna, and Soulo. They are all great tents but if I had to pick just one, the Unna is my favorite.

Agreed my buddy runs the unna without the inner tent and it's super light for the protection it offers. The lack of vestibule is awesome in high winds, but if you hunt with a dog like me it becomes a necessity. I would own an unna if I could as a true solo tent.

OP
MT_Wyatt

MT_Wyatt

WKR

May I ask what makes the unna standing top for you? Thanks!

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
I am also very interested in this. I have went back and fourth about 10,000000 times and still can't make up my mind which one to order. I need to order on by tuesday for it to come in on time so that I can use it on my next hunt. I as well have narrowed my choices to the Unna and the Niak. I kinda wanted the soulo but my sleeping bags all have a left zipper entrances on them so I like my tent entrance to be on the left as well. The Niak and Unna both look like they would work well with having the entrance to the tent on your left or right when you lay down. I think the Atko, Enan and Soulo all work best while laying with the entrance to the tent on you right. I suppose a tunnel design works well with sleeping bags with zippers on either side since the tent entrance is on the end. I know i need to make up my mind on which tent to order by Tuesday and as of now I might as well flip a coin between the Unna and Niak.

OP
MT_Wyatt

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I am also very interested in this. I have went back and fourth about 10,000000 times and still can't make up my mind which one to order. I need to order on by tuesday for it to come in on time so that I can use it on my next hunt. I as well have narrowed my choices to the Unna and the Niak. I kinda wanted the soulo but my sleeping bags all have a left zipper entrances on them so I like my tent entrance to be on the left as well. The Niak and Unna both look like they would work well with having the entrance to the tent on your left or right when you lay down. I think the Atko, Enan and Soulo all work best while laying with the entrance to the tent on you right. I suppose a tunnel design works well with sleeping bags with zippers on either side since the tent entrance is on the end. I know i need to make up my mind on which tent to order by Tuesday and as of now I might as well flip a coin between the Unna and Niak.

Looking at the weight alone and flexibility of the floor plan, niak seems like the way to go unless there's a ton of winter camping in your future. The price on the niak is tough to stomach though, which is why I got to looking at the akto.

Graves14

WKR
There's a like new Akto in the classifieds for $360 right now.... Buy it, try it, if you don't like it you could certainly get your money back at that price!

I love my Akto

13bonatter69

Lil-Rokslider
There's a like new Akto in the classifieds for $360 right now.... Buy it, try it, if you don't like it you could certainly get your money back at that price!

I love my Akto

Not any more there isn't.... lol
I just sent payment for that little GEM....
Now all I need is to save up for a Niak and between both of those, Ill be set for everything I do.