What size stove jack?

I'm going to pick up a stove jack from BearPawWD and attempt to sew a stovejack into my Mountain Shelter LT. Which size should I get, small or standard? And would it be better to get the tapered?

gudspelr

Lil-Rokslider
This may not be super helpful, but figured I might suggest sewing your own stove jack? I'm close to finishing a pyramid tent and just about bought a ready made stove jack. Then I ran into stove jack material. A few different places sell it, I ended up buying it from ripstopbytheroll. It was only $15 and is enough to make the stove jack and flap. Just thought I'd throw it out there since you are going to be sewing it in anyway. Adding in a little cutting shouldn't be much extra for he project and let's you make it whatever size works best for your tent/stove combo. Either way, hope it all comes out well.

Jeremy

rino

FNG
I just bought that shelter and ordered a Small Tapered jack from bearpaw. He said that was big enuf and I concur...haven't sewed it in yet but I think its big enuf.

rino

FNG
I just bought that shelter and ordered a Small Tapered jack from bearpaw. He said that was big enuf and I concur...haven't sewed it in yet but I think its big enuf.
View attachment 68437View attachment 68436 Just got it sewed in (cheated and hired someone to sew it in. Small Tapered seems about right. Also had her sew in some lineloc3s to the web loops for guylines. Will likely cut off the web loops later. I added 3' cordage to each linelock for guying flexibility (and also can stake thru the ribbon attached to linelock for tight pitches.