Cabelas Alaska Guide Tent stove jack mod?

Anyone running a stove in one of these? How'd it go? Thinking about using a pellet stove.

My brother has a 6 man and I have been trying to talk him into putting a stove jack in the vestibule. I am pretty sure I've seen pictures of guys running stoves inside the main tent with some sort of stove base for embers.

Its a rock solid tent but its a heavy package with the fiberglass pole set, I'd recommend the aluminum poles.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
My brother has a 6 man and I have been trying to talk him into putting a stove jack in the vestibule. I am pretty sure I've seen pictures of guys running stoves inside the main tent with some sort of stove base for embers.

Its a rock solid tent but its a heavy package with the fiberglass pole set, I'd recommend the aluminum poles.

Agreed. I have a 6 man too. Trying to determine the best way to add a stove.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Mine is in the annex on your right as you exit the tent, between the tent and clear ceiling secton

My primary concern is the wind. As tough as these tents are, they are NOT impervious to high winds and there are videos of them partially collapsing because of wind. So wherever the stove goes, it mustn't be in a weak spot that could cause the tent to collapse onto the stove. That would be disasterous. FFW to 8:45

[video=youtube;PylrnSDprIM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PylrnSDprIM&t=526s[/video]

I can't see how a stove Jack in the vestibule could weeken the tent.
But I can't imagine winds short of hurricane or tornado type winds that would collapse one of those tents that was completely staked down,guyed out and every pole crossing was tied.together.

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
Yet there it is on the video. imagine if the tent folded on the spot where your stove was...you are dead! Your tent and gear is burning, noxious fumes are filling the tent, you would be screwed so badly. Not a lesson i wanna learn the hard way.

I think at some point you have to put out the stove and hang on for the ride. I'm not sure I'd trust any tent or tipi in those conditions to stand up well enough that I'd feel comfortable having a cherry red glowing box of embers in that close of proximity to a bunch of flammable, meltable material and a lot of expensive property that's dear to me.

colonel00

WKR
I think at some point you have to put out the stove and hang on for the ride. I'm not sure I'd trust any tent or tipi in those conditions to stand up well enough that I'd feel comfortable having a cherry red glowing box of embers in that close of proximity to a bunch of flammable, meltable material and a lot of expensive property that's dear to me.
Exactly. I've been on an 8 man Alaskan guide when the ceiling was hitting us sleeping on the ground. It's a freak thing but I wouldn't expect it to happen again. If it did, put out the stove and hang on tight.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Old tread... but wondering if anyone added the stove jack to the Cabelas Guide tents?