12 man tipi... warm weather

hey guys... just got a 12 man tipi... when i was seam sealing it... it was like a damn sauna... are there any tricks for these in warm weather or just can't even think about using them when it's warm? both doors were open but damn i almost passed out seam sealing it... prolly dumb question but no experience with these yet at all only used a tent with floor!

newbie !

Put a tarp on the ground if you are on a lot of green vegetation.

I've used a tarp floor from our wall tent in half the 12-man. No condensation at all, but not all that much green veg either.

k7EE7vl.jpg

oldgoat

WKR
So this is my third season with my sawtooth, bought the liner after the first season but never used it till this just past elk season, the liner seemed to make it more tolerable during the day. But it wasn't near hot this season so I can't guarantee that was the reason it seemed better but think it was and me and the wife both agreed it was worth packing it in, not sure why she thought that though since she didn't have to pack it, lol!

OP
B
hahaha thats great! i actually have the sawtooth in the cart right now... just as a lighter option if i'm not going with the entire family... do you guys bring anything for the ground too or just a pad and sleeping bag?

oldgoat

WKR
hahaha thats great! i actually have the sawtooth in the cart right now... just as a lighter option if i'm not going with the entire family... do you guys bring anything for the ground too or just a pad and sleeping bag?

We use tyvek to protect the inflatable sleeping pads, probably isn't needed if using the foam pads, but nice to have to stand on putting on boots etc.

Try leaving a little gap between the ground and base of the tipi to allow for better air flow. You can anchor it down before nightfall if/when temps drop.

Last edited:
OP
B
you do that using the points half way up?? or just pull the stakes out a bit so it raises up a couple inches?

FlyGuy

WKR
I have about 18" of very small diameter cordage attached to each tie out loop (on a tut, but same principle). I stake down the windward side directly through the loop and pin to the ground, and on the opposite side I use the cordage to tie out to the stakes. This gives me some lift of anywhere from 6 to 18 inches. Other two sides are sloped accordingly. Adjust for comfort as needed.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk