Bunk bed cots?

nrh6.7

WKR
We have a pair of these. Very high quality, but HEAVY. We've never slept in them strapped together but they seem to be very secure. Would not suggest using these for anything but a base camp.

mcr-85

WKR
We have a few sets of them. They work great in a wall tent for base camp. I have a 14' cargo trailer with a gas furnace and gas stove in. I use it has a small camper with a set of those bunk cots in. Works great for 2 guys for a simple hunting camp.

Titan

WKR
We have used them. There isn't a lot of room between the two bunks. Adding a pad in there makes it even tighter. If you go this route, I suggest getting the extensions and the XL size cots. I saw Costco had them the other day as well. And yes...they are very heavy.

We made some feet out of 2x6's to make sure it was sturdy and didn't sink in the tent floor.

Olbadae

Lil-Rokslider
I have 2 sets. As stated above, they are heavy but very sturdy. I bought mine from Costco along with their light speed as self inflation sleeping pad. Very very comfortable combination. Just make sure your hitting the gym on a regular basis or you may throw out you back transporting them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frankrb3

WKR
Anyone ever sleep in one of these?

Yup, this is what I slept on for 8 months when I was deployed to Afghanistan. I found them to be very comfortable and I only ever saw one collapse with a Marine on the top bunk while another Marine was sleeping in the lower bunk. They were both boots, so no one lost any sleep over it. Keep in mind they were probably not put together properly and secured with the safety strap that's provided. I plan on getting at least one set myself as a base camp option and extra sleeping quarters for when I have hunting buddies visiting me from out of state. Buy with confidence, just know their limitations (Heavy).

Stein

FNG
Work great, but the are heavy and take a long time to set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Titan

WKR
$175 would be a good deal on those in XL.

Yeah you need to make sure the plastic rings are fully seated. They almost want to "roll" out from the pressure of the fabric. I ditched the straps they come with and used some ratcheting tie downs. No way they were coming apart after that.

The other things to watch are the metal spring pin in the plastic ring and the connection between the two poles inside the cot end. I taped mine for some extra security since it isn't visible when put together.

TTSX180

Lil-Rokslider
Feel sorry for the guy on top in the middle of the night, urinal as long as he doesn't spill.

AustinL911

Lil-Rokslider
Being that I've never used these cots, I have nothing else to add to this thread except:

87a514358aa019a30c34047deb575dbfaba367722b69ed03fb5b7e4615326ad6.jpg