Kodiak stove jack installation

So if a guy was wanting to install a stove jack in a Flex-Bow tent, would he just buy a stove jack with canvas edging(like this
WTO117F.jpg
), glue it to the wall with tear mender, then cut a square out of the tent wall?

Attachments

• WTO117F.jpg
    WTO117F.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 34

92xj

WKR
Personally, I would have is sewn in.
Either with an handheld awl, which will take an hour or so, or dropped off at an upholstery. Here is one near you (I think) that should easily be able to do the work.
Las Cruces Upholstery - Upholstery Shop in Las Cruces, New Mexico | MeetLasCruces.com
I was charged under $100 for installation and using the companies stove jack they provided.
I set the tent up, set the stove up in the tent and drew a circle with a sharpie where the stove pipe hit the canvas, I then dropped off the tent and told them to line up the hole in the stove jack with the circle drawn, then they did their magic.
The tear mender glue works and holds well, but with the flex bow system and pressure, sewing I feel is the best option if available.

OP
quackaddict
So once they sew the jack in, is the tent material just cut away up to the stitching?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

92xj

WKR
Correct.
The sewed the stove jack on, then cut out the square hole. They then sewed the cut edge to eliminate any fraying and to clean it up.