Backpacking Tent input

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
Im looking at getting a lighter backpacking tent that is going to be able to stand up to wind and foul weather. I have it narrowed down to a Hilleberg Enan or a MSR Freelite 1. I am leaning towards the MSR because of the Enans steep price point and what I have read about condensation issues with it. I am going to New Zealand for a few months and will be living out of or hunting from my tent for a considerable amount of time so I need it to be solid. Any input on these tents or recommendation on other tents would be awesome.

Tsnider

WKR
id personally be basing that off of whats the easiest to get warranty work/exchanges done while over there. especially if your living out of it.

Have ran the msr hubba hubba nx but was wanting something stronger.
Especially for late season sheep here in Alberta.
Ordered a big sky chinook 2p. With breathable interior liner and sod/snow flaps.
Unfortunately it just shipped so can't comment on field usage yet.
Should be here in a little over a week.

OP
orbowhunt

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
Have ran the msr hubba hubba nx but was wanting something stronger.
Especially for late season sheep here in Alberta.
Ordered a big sky chinook 2p. With breathable interior liner and sod/snow flaps.
Unfortunately it just shipped so can't comment on field usage yet.
Should be here in a little over a week.
Looks to be a bit heavy for what I was looking for but let me know what you find with it!

What kind of weights are you looking to hit? Under 4 pounds for a potentially bomber 4 season tent is pretty good.

OP
orbowhunt

orbowhunt

Lil-Rokslider
What kind of weights are you looking to hit? Under 4 pounds for a potentially bomber 4 season tent is pretty good.
I was looking to keep it under 3 pounds as it didn't have to be a 4 season tent, but its looking like I might have to compromise on that if I want it to be solid.

Yeah the super light weight offerings from what I have seen will not stand up in high alpine very windy conditions.
I will let you know once I get the big sky in my hands and use it for my Trip.
Thanks, rob